Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
MikeKulls

Default Should displaylink be selling their hardware as compatible with mac?

I've noticed a lot of venders selling the displaylink hardware as being compatible with windows, mac and unix. I had so much trouble with this product and my mac that I ended up going back to 2 screens and selling the device. Personally I think it is false advertising so say it is even compatible with the mac. Should displaylink be sending out some sort of notification to their vendors? I keep seeing this thing advertised for the mac and people think they are buying a solution but really they are just buying problems. This is dishonest imo.

For those who think I'm being overly dramatic, see the thread I started about displaylink's response to my compaints. When I emailed support asking why the third display stopped working their response was to admit their drivers were not up to standard and that a fix would be a long way away.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
dcoulson

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKulls View Post
I've noticed a lot of venders selling the displaylink hardware as being compatible with windows, mac and unix. I had so much trouble with this product and my mac that I ended up going back to 2 screens and selling the device.
I've been running my DL adapter with my Mac Mini for the last three months - no major performance or compatibility issues, but perhaps I am just lucky. That all said, I'm not sure all DL devices are created equal, and I'm not 100% convinced it is always a driver issue.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
macdad

I went through 2 days of hard work to get my stuff up and running and must admit I'm quite satisfied at the moment, maybe in 6 months I might say otherwise...

All and all, had they not posted that they were mac compatible, I would have never even gone out and tried this whole exercise. I bought 3 seperate devices 2 at Best Buy with the Trillion Name - sucked and ended up with the generic Sabrent device from Tiger Direct that actually had the right information and worked for a change - only catch, and it took me a while - I had to go with VGA port not DVI! Good luck to all...
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
dcoulson

This is what I am using - Works fine w/ DVI on my Mac

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer...ogy/VIDU2DVIA/