Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
CodeMonkey

Nope, that didn't work either:

Code:
USBF:	510773.546	[0xc3eeb00] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in.  It will keep retrying.  (Port 2 of Hub at 0x26000000)
USBF:	510774.287	[0xc3eeb00] The IOUSBFamily has successfully enumerated the device.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
dcoulson

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkey View Post
Nope, that didn't work either:

Code:
USBF:	510773.546	[0xc3eeb00] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in.  It will keep retrying.  (Port 2 of Hub at 0x26000000)
USBF:	510774.287	[0xc3eeb00] The IOUSBFamily has successfully enumerated the device.
Do you have a different system to plug it into to see if it is the adapter or the USB port/hub? If you are going through a hub, try connecting it to a direct port on the Mac.

If it still doesn't work, I'd try to arrange a replacement adapter with whoever you purchased it from.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
JohnTHarrison

Default This worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
The problem with Product ID = 0x8060 is not a very common problem however our customers report it from time to time. DisplayLink cannot however be blamed for this problem as the chip in the device is not booting up properly and it means that the device is faulty. PID = 0x8060 shows that it has booted from the bootrom (rather than the EEPROM). This means it will not enable any video outputs.

We recommend unplugging all cables from the adapter, then connecting USB and then connecting the DVI/HDMI cable. This might resolve the problem Ikatz is experiencing. If it won't, then the manufacturer should be contacted for the replacement.
I tend to close the lid on my Macbook Pro and then use a Apple mini DVI adapter and the USB device to give me two screens. Just recently I've had problems getting the USB device to boot. Using OSX 10.6.6 The above solution worked for me. cheers
Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
CodeMonkey

Just bought and tried my third display link device. A Sewell Minideck. I actually bought it because I thought it was NOT a display link device.

Again does not work. This can not be hardware . . . must be a driver issue. Oh well, time to return a third device.