Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
IMTheNachoMan

Unhappy DisplayLink drivers and Citrix Display Driver

So through diagnostics I have learned that DisplayLink drives and Citrix Display Drivers conflict with each other. As in, DisplayLink drivers will not work if the machine has Citrix Display Drivers installed.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I currently only have access to DisplayLink drivers 7.5 and the issue is there. I can't test 7.6 but I am wondering if anyone else has 7.6 and the Citrix drivers with no issues.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Wim

I assume the Citrix Display Drivers are the graphics drivers on a virtual machine? DisplayLink software cannot be installed on a virtual machine, as we do not work with virtualised graphics cards.

As long as the Windows OS is not running on a VM, you should be able to install DisplayLink software and use USB displays with Citrix client software.

Wim
Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
IMTheNachoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I assume the Citrix Display Drivers are the graphics drivers on a virtual machine? DisplayLink software cannot be installed on a virtual machine, as we do not work with virtualised graphics cards.

As long as the Windows OS is not running on a VM, you should be able to install DisplayLink software and use USB displays with Citrix client software.

Wim
No. This Citrix display drivers are installed on a physical machine. They allow remote access to the machine using Citrix.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #4
Wim

OK - They should work fine with DisplayLink installed. I assume it is similar to the logmein mirror driver, which we work correctly alongside.

As long as there is an Intel/AMD/NVIDIA graphics card installed and a WDDM driver installed for it, we should work correctly.

Wim
Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
IMTheNachoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
OK - They should work fine with DisplayLink installed. I assume it is similar to the logmein mirror driver, which we work correctly alongside.

As long as there is an Intel/AMD/NVIDIA graphics card installed and a WDDM driver installed for it, we should work correctly.

Wim
But they don't. I can confirm that. The two drivers conflict with each other.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Wim

Hmmm... OK. Can you post the logs as described here and also let me know where we could download the Citrix display drivers you are using?

Wim
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #7
danooo

Hi Wim,
Has there been a resolution to this issue?
Are you able to confirm if anyone has been able to get Citrix applications working correctly with any version of Displaylink drivers?
Kind regards
Old 06-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #8
danooo

Default Resolution for my issue

Hi All,
I have noticed a flaw with the Citrix client and the way it interacts not just with DisplayLink drivers but some other graphics drivers also.
This may not be the same as other issues some of you are experiencing but it worked for my issue.
For dual monitor configurations, the order in which each display shows in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution can affect the way Citrix apps appear and behave.
Once I swapped my secondary (external) monitor to the left of the laptop monitor, Citrix apps looked and behaved as they should.
I was able to make either monitor the "main" monitor as long as I kept the external monitor in the left position.
Screenshot attached.
Hope this helps someone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DisplayScreen.jpg (54.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #9
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by danooo View Post
Hi All,
I have noticed a flaw with the Citrix client and the way it interacts not just with DisplayLink drivers but some other graphics drivers also.
This may not be the same as other issues some of you are experiencing but it worked for my issue.
For dual monitor configurations, the order in which each display shows in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution can affect the way Citrix apps appear and behave.
Once I swapped my secondary (external) monitor to the left of the laptop monitor, Citrix apps looked and behaved as they should.
I was able to make either monitor the "main" monitor as long as I kept the external monitor in the left position.
Screenshot attached.
Hope this helps someone!
The display position has no influence on DisplayLink software. This is all above our driver level. So if changing the display position affects the way the apps behave, then the problem is probably with the Citrix apps not being very tolerant of multiple displays. To confirm this, it should be possible to find the same problem if using external displays without DisplayLink software.

Wim
Old 08-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #10
justgosh

Default I can confirm the issue

We've seen similar issues with the Citrix XenApp product and recent revisions of the DisplayLink driver.
The issue exists when you use the a DisplayLink as an additional monitor. We found the issue was repeatable with different hardware.

The fixes I've come with are:
To disable the DisplayLink monitor while using Citrix.
To duplicate another monitor onto the DisplayLink monitors while using Citrix.

The best solution I've read was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danooo View Post
Has anyone from DisplayLink contacted Citrix about better product integration or a resolution to this issue?
Given the choice of replacing an entire corporate infrastructure or returning a few docks (leaving a negative review) and getting anything else... Even if it's Citrix's fault, which I don't actually believe, DisplayLink is the product we are going to not buy.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if there is a solution to this problem.

Last edited by justgosh; 08-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Closed Thread