Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release

Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
dokindo

Default was working fine until Windows 7 auto update

I have an EVGA UV 16+ adapter which was working fine until windows 7 x64 did an automatic update. Now display isn't working and I get an unknown device message when plugging it into any usb port on the pc.

Last week, as well as several times in the past few years, the same thing has happened and I would simply do a system restore to a date before the windows update and everything would return to normal. Eventually the displaylink driver would be updated and be compatible with the windows updates.

This time the system restore doesn't have an point before the earliest windows update since there were several I guess overnight. So I cannot go back to fix this.

I've tried the usual steps including clean installations of the driver, turn off AV, but I get the same error. It doesn't even seem the installation completes.

Although it could be a hardware error, I doubt it given my history with windows updates. Any other suggestions before I buy a new product?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110427_073202.zip (2.17 MB, 1045 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
James Upton

I may be having the same problem. Everything was working fine through 4/27, then this morning I get no signal through the display link. I have installed 5.6 and seen no change. I have no restore point available before today. Debug files attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110502_112331.zip (1.38 MB, 1057 views)