Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Patrick

Default 1.5b2 what are your findings ?

Subject says it all - the 1.5b2 thread is opened.

Let us know what issues you encounter.

Regards Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; 08-19-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
w3woody

After switching to the 32-bit kernel on Snow Leopard (originally I thought work would prevent me from switching), the driver seems to work just fine. It installed without any hitches for me, and the display (a Mimo UM-710) seems to be working without any problems.

At the moment I have my Apple Mail window living zoomed in the UM-710 so I can monitor incoming e-mail as it arrives. (I need to be able to respond to work e-mail fairly promptly.) I've also tried displaying video in the screen and it appears to work fine as well. (I'm running on an 8-core desktop, so CPU usage isn't a problem.)

As far as I can tell the only glitch that arose was the installer didn't like to install over the previous version of the DisplayLink driver--I had installed it a while ago, but the install was broken. I had to run the older uninstaller first before running the newer installer. (It may be nice to include in the release notes a list of what files are dropped where, so you can manually clean up by hand if you have to.)

But outside of that I haven't noticed any real problems.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
jconover

Default Solid on Leopard

This machine is not yet running snow leopard, but I can report that the drivers are working very solid under OSX 10.5.8 leopard. I'm using the Lenovo M01061 with the newer DL chipset driving a NEC 4:3 LCD at 1280x1024. Flash video and email work great on the USB link display
Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
tysonedwards

Today, I experienced an issue where when I had the DisplayLink Graphics Card plugged in at boot, my main screen and MiniDisplayPort Monitor were a very light blue at ~30% opacity. I could move the mouse, but was unable to click on anything. When I unplugged my DisplayLink Graphics Card, everything worked as expected.

After re-plugging in, I did not see an issue.

I did not have call to test this again today.

It is possible that this is driver related or something quirky in 10.6 - 10a432. Until I can attempt to duplicate the issue, I can't really speak to the cause.

~Tyson Edwards
Old 08-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3woody View Post
As far as I can tell the only glitch that arose was the installer didn't like to install over the previous version of the DisplayLink driver--I had installed it a while ago, but the install was broken. I had to run the older uninstaller first before running the newer installer. (It may be nice to include in the release notes a list of what files are dropped where, so you can manually clean up by hand if you have to.)

But outside of that I haven't noticed any real problems.

Thanx for the feedback. The Installer is actually set to upgrade and even downgrade. Will check.
About removing the files. The Uninstaller removes them - the newest Uninstaller will remove all the files of older versions as well.

Patrick
Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonedwards View Post
Today, I experienced an issue where when I had the DisplayLink Graphics Card plugged in at boot, my main screen and MiniDisplayPort Monitor were a very light blue at ~30% opacity. I could move the mouse, but was unable to click on anything. When I unplugged my DisplayLink Graphics Card, everything worked as expected.

After re-plugging in, I did not see an issue.

I did not have call to test this again today.

It is possible that this is driver related or something quirky in 10.6 - 10a432. Until I can attempt to duplicate the issue, I can't really speak to the cause.

~Tyson Edwards
Thanx for mentioning this. Even if it's just occuring once we like to know about it as other customers might have it then as well.

It was the DisplayPort Monitor - not that DisplayLink monitor ???? Did it look as if the colors were all wrong and everything worked as expected ? Was the mouse cursor blueish as well ?

Patrick aka Jolly

Last edited by Patrick; 08-21-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconover View Post
This machine is not yet running snow leopard, but I can report that the drivers are working very solid under OSX 10.5.8 leopard. I'm using the Lenovo M01061 with the newer DL chipset driving a NEC 4:3 LCD at 1280x1024. Flash video and email work great on the USB link display
Good to hear :-) Thanx for mentioning.

Patrick
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
tysonedwards

Sorry for the belated response in getting back to you.
So far, I have not been able to duplicate this behavior in any configuration test that I have made.

When I experienced this issue previously, the DisplayLink Adapter showed in perfectly normal color but my MiniDisplayPort Monitor and my onboard LCD showed as the light blue color and effected the mouse cursor as well. The clock also did not update while things were in the light blue state. (I had the second counter turned on).

As soon as I unplugged the DisplayLink adapter, the other two monitors began operating perfectly normally and the system was responsive.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
markmon

I have a DL-195 based Lenovo adapter and a DL-195 based Diamond adapter. Both are working well on 10.5.7 with the latest driver. I am very pleased that the 2048x1152 resolution has been added. Nice job! Beat this: http://thebigboss.org/temp/desk.jpg