Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
adamsrobw

Default 1.5b3 issues

2 issues:

1.)
The network jack stopped working for me after I upgraded to snow leopard. I upgraded to the 1.5b3 driver, and my mac still can't use its connection.

The activity lights used to be lit up, but after a few reboots, my mac said it detected 2 new network interfaces. It added 2 new network interfaces for me to pick from, Ethernet Adaptor (en3) and Ethernet Adaptor (en4). Neither of which function. And now the network activity is gone from the back of the display link device. I've tried to hard reboot it multiple times, no luck.

I've just plugged my cat5 cord directly into my mac since running snow leopard.

2.) Every so often, I will boot up and my mac only recognizes the display link audio as the only audio available. My mac's speakers and headphone jack no longer function and are not listed under sound input. Another reboot sometimes fixes it.

As a background, I've used my display link with leopard at work for over a year without issue.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Please could you confirm which product you are using.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
adamsrobw

Default hardware

Toshiba dynadock

dynadock USB Docking Station with DVI

Part#:PA3542U-2PRP
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
macuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsrobw View Post
Toshiba dynadock

dynadock USB Docking Station with DVI

Part#:PA3542U-2PRP
Also the dynadock USB Docking Station with both DVI and VGA

Part #: PA3575U-1PRP

using the DVI port
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
adamsrobw

Default udpate

As an update, I installed 1.5b4 and my network jack is still inactive.

-R
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsrobw View Post
As an update, I installed 1.5b4 and my network jack is still inactive.

-R
I think your problem is related to the fact that SnowLeopards drivers for the generic Ethernet/audio interfaces must have changed. The DisplayLink driver for that product does not nor did it handle the audio and ethernet interfaces. Those were handled by Apples default drivers which no longer seem to work then.

We'll have a look at this issue however - Patrick aka Jolly
Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
macuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I think your problem is related to the fact that SnowLeopards drivers for the generic Ethernet/audio interfaces must have changed. The DisplayLink driver for that product does not nor did it handle the audio and ethernet interfaces. Those were handled by Apples default drivers which no longer seem to work then.

We'll have a look at this issue however - Patrick aka Jolly
Hi Jolly,

thanks for looking at this issue. I do have to tell you that I don't think it's the snow leopard network drivers, though. If I downgrade to your old 1.1 driver (still on snow leopard, of course), the network port works fine through the Dynadock... but then the video doesn't (and audio never has).

Great job with your drivers and support, though.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser View Post
Hi Jolly,

thanks for looking at this issue. I do have to tell you that I don't think it's the snow leopard network drivers, though. If I downgrade to your old 1.1 driver (still on snow leopard, of course), the network port works fine through the Dynadock... but then the video doesn't (and audio never has).

Great job with your drivers and support, though.
Thanx for clarification. Well that's weird I wonder why the ports no longer work with the 1.5 driver then - really weird. Will have to see if I can replicate that issue.

Patrick aka Jolly
Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
macuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Thanx for clarification. Well that's weird I wonder why the ports no longer work with the 1.5 driver then - really weird. Will have to see if I can replicate that issue.

Patrick aka Jolly
Odd. I tried the solution posted by Wuffe here:
http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122
and that works for me. This does seem to indicate that the apple driver is somehow causing a conflict.

However, I can't explain why simply downgrading to the older 1.1 drivers gets the ethernet to work consistently. I agree it's odd.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
steverod

For what it's worth, the trick linked above (unloading and reloading the USB Ethernet driver) brought back my USB Ethernet jack on a Kensington dock with video (i.e. a USB hub with a DisplayLink adapter in it).

Thanks for pointing this out! While I'd like to avoid having to probe for the Ethernet jack manually, at least now I can use it.