Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
cshbell

Default Kensington K33907 completely broken with 1.5b3

On Snow Leopard (10A432, e.g. retail release), my Kensington K33907 is completely broken with 1.5b3. All colors are distorted; see the attached camera shot. Although the camera shot shows an RDPed Windows session, the same coloring problems happen regardless of what is displayed on the Kensington-powered monitor (e.g. Mac apps behave the same way). It has rendered it totally useless, which is a huge problem. Any help, DL team?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kensington.JPG
Views:	815
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	44  

Last edited by cshbell; 09-01-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshbell View Post
On Snow Leopard (10A432, e.g. retail release), my Kensington K33907 is completely broken with 1.5b3. All colors are distorted; see the attached camera shot. Although the camera shot shows an RDPed Windows session, the same coloring problems happen regardless of what is displayed on the Kensington-powered monitor (e.g. Mac apps behave the same way). It has rendered it totally useless, which is a huge problem. Any help, DL team?
Hello cshbell,

this does look weird. Re-Pluggin in the dock, reboot, resetting the resolution does not help ?

I'm sure we can find out what's going on there if it worked before.

Patrick aka Jolly
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
martinm1

Default Same color distortion

I am using an egva adapter and have the same problem. My colors are just bizarre--almost fluorescent. I had the problem before as well and it always resolved with an uninstall and reinstall, but not this time. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
cshbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
this does look weird. Re-Pluggin in the dock, reboot, resetting the resolution does not help ?
Did all that, as well as an uninstall/reinstall, and nothing helps. As the other poster said, this would happen intermittently under 10.5 as well, but it's consistent until 10.6.

I couldn't wait for this problem to get fixed, so I bought a Diamond DL-195-based adapter and had it overnighted, but that adapter has its own problems (extremely sluggish bitmapping), so if we can get the Kensington working, that would be ideal.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshbell View Post
Did all that, as well as an uninstall/reinstall, and nothing helps. As the other poster said, this would happen intermittently under 10.5 as well, but it's consistent until 10.6.

I couldn't wait for this problem to get fixed, so I bought a Diamond DL-195-based adapter and had it overnighted, but that adapter has its own problems (extremely sluggish bitmapping), so if we can get the Kensington working, that would be ideal.
I was able to replicate the problem. It's happening here when you connect the adapter first and then connect the monitor. For now as workaround connect hte monitor to the adapter and then connect the adapter.

Patrick aka Jolly