Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #11
Popollo

Same here, mostly just noticing a very laggy mouse on external screens so far.

Version 10.12 Beta (16A254g)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
DisplayLink 2.6 Beta
Popollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi All,

Quick update from us about this issue.

We're investigating the problem, aiming to deliver a solution in a beta ASAP and releasing before Sierra of course.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #13
dcastellani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi All,

We're investigating the problem, aiming to deliver a solution in a beta ASAP and releasing before Sierra of course.

Cheers,
Carlo
Oh this is great news!

Is this days or weeks before we see a alpha/beta driver?
dcastellani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #14
JG16PAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi All,

Cheers,
Carlo
Hey guys, using DisplayLink display on Sierra dev beta 6 still really a bad experience. Same exact hardware on latest El Cap is really okay, but Sierra is easily usable as a "daily driver" OS, with the exception of DisplayLink.

Any way to expedite getting the Sierra driver out (even as a dev beta)? No pun intended ;-), but right now DisplayLink is "the weakest link" (humor!), so uh... would appreciate an idea when I can work with my dual displays again :-)
JG16PAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
marcgweg

These issues still exist on latest macOS public beta (16A294a). Though some graphical issues are resolved. But the lag still exists and is mostly unusable.
marcgweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #16
marcgweg

Seems it gets better with the latest beta (16A304a).
marcgweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #17
rsmercer

MBP 15" mid-2012 running Sierra 10.12 public beta 6 and DisplayLink 2.6 beta 2 (2.6.74951) with three external monitors (one HDMI on TB port, two DisplayLink on Lenovo ThinkDock).

In previous Sierra betas and with previous DisplayLink drivers (2.6 beta 1 and previous), the system was basically unusable with the DisplayLink displays connected. DL displays went black and came back every few seconds, had serious graphic glitches, system would crash to login screen when activating Mission Control, windows contents were corrupted, had very severe mouse lag.

With 2.6 beta 2 and 10.12 public beta 6 things have improved considerably. All of the above problems have been corrected with the exception of the corruption of windows contents, which remains as bad as ever. Unfortunately, that's a showstopper so I still can't use Sierra on this system.

I've attached two screenshots of a displaylink.com page running in Safari, one with the content displayed correctly (window was on HDMI display) and one with content corrupted (window was on DL display). Most webpages behave similarly, and see similar problems with many other programs (App Store, iTunes, Photos, ...).
rsmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
Carlo
Mac Team

Thank you rsmercer

We believe performance with the 2.6 beta 2 and latest Sierra beta to be still slightly worse than El Capitan but we're talking few percentage points, probably due to extra logging in the OS to be removed by release time.

There are some significant issues left in Sierra though, especially on the latest platforms. I plan to create a Sierra specific FAQ on support.displaylink.com to address them.

So far what we've seen is:
- Internal screen blank at login with password which USB screen connected
- Incomplete rendering for Safari windows and Apple Store
- Corruption on app window while moving it from internal to USB screen
- Some apps are corrupted in top left corner while on USB screen

Has anybody noticed any other new issue in Sierra?

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #19
rsmercer

Unhappy

Installed Sierra GM and DisplayLink 2.6 Beta 75598 from Sept 19. Still unusable for me. Safari windows corrupted in same way as my last message, and I'm still crashing to login screen when activating Mission Control or changing spaces. Since I use Safari windows on my DL screens constantly and switch spaces and/or activate Mission Control dozens of times a day, that means I can't upgrade to Sierra. If the new MBP that will hopefully be announced soon can drive three external screens I guess it will be time to upgrade. I'm getting really tired of the chaos that happens with DL screens with each new macOS release.
rsmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #20
bmscmoreira

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmercer View Post
Installed Sierra GM and DisplayLink 2.6 Beta 75598 from Sept 19. Still unusable for me. Safari windows corrupted in same way as my last message, and I'm still crashing to login screen when activating Mission Control or changing spaces. Since I use Safari windows on my DL screens constantly and switch spaces and/or activate Mission Control dozens of times a day, that means I can't upgrade to Sierra. If the new MBP that will hopefully be announced soon can drive three external screens I guess it will be time to upgrade. I'm getting really tired of the chaos that happens with DL screens with each new macOS release.
I too installed Sierra and I am experiencing all these issues that render the display adapter unusable ... It costed me 2x its price since I had to order it overseas! Do these problems definitely have no solution at all or is there hope? Thanks...
bmscmoreira is offline   Reply With Quote