Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
jwade08

Here are my issues:

On Beta 3 of Yosemite, I was running the original driver for DisplayLink. Everything worked fine with some issues that have been stated in this thread. I then updated the driver to 2.2 and the Mac OS would detect the monitor but no signal being sent to my monitor. I then reverted back to the original driver and everything went back to normal. I just recently updated Yosemite to Beta 4 and now neither driver will work. Same issue where the OS will detect the monitor but no signal being sent to the monitor.

I am running a MBA with TB display and DisplayLink on second monitor.
jwade08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #12
displaylinker

The release candidate has just been released last week, has anyone tried this yet? I still haven't updated yet, waiting for the new version from Display Link, unless I get confirmation that the old driver works.
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
thnninen

Hi all.

I just upgraded to Yosemite, and see no major issues. My two external displays are working just as they did before. Not worse, not better.

And I'm using driver version 2.2.
thnninen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #14
christobald

It works OK in Yosemite, except for one thing that may be a dealbreaker for some, it certainly is for me:

When i do a three finger swipe upwards to get to the virtual desktop view, it takes somewhere between one and five seconds before anything happens.
If I unplug the displaylink USB connection, the same swipe is near instantaneous, as it should be.

In Mavericks, this could take less than half a second, slower than it was without the displaylink adapter connected, but tolerable. As it stands today, I will have to reinstall Mavericks, because it drives me crazy to have to wait several seconds each time I want to move apps between desktops.

Hardware and Software used:

MacBook Pro mid 2010, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD, two 1920x1200 monitors, Yosemite and displaylink drivers 2.3 beta. (Issue is the same with the 2.2 driver.)
christobald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
jb510

I've been running Yosemite and a single USB connected monitor for a couple months.

In short: It works, but not wonderfully.

Specific issues I have:
Some window actions are extremely slow. As mentioned above, going to/from the dashboard. Also when there is a floating overlay window on the external (USB) monitor it can drag extremely slowly. (A screenshot utility I use called Glui comes to mind).
[s]Chrome (Dev Channel) - Switching tabs won't alway refresh to the correct tab, moving the window will trigger a refresh.[/s] <- Pretty sure this is a chrome bug unrelated to DisplayLink.

Still no brightness control obviously...

This issues were all present under DL 2.2 & OS X 10.10, still present in the Oct 10th 2.3 beta.

Last edited by jb510; 10-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.
jb510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #16
Electricmice

I would hold off, I was on Maverick, running a 2 screen setup, and while it would occasionally crash, it was generally usable. Upgraded to Yosemite, and now I get massive flicker/white on the active window on both the 2.2 and 2.3 drivers.
Electricmice is offline   Reply With Quote