Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
CMJ

Default Android Emulator no longer works Windows 10 Anniversary

Hi,

I am a developer using Android Studio with the Android Emulator.
The emulators worked just fine with GPU host acceleration(GLES 2.0).
But since I updated to Windows 10 anniversary (build 14393.5) HW accelerated GPU stopped working.

The error message from Android Studio / AVD Manager:
init: Could not find wglGetExtensionsStringARB!
getGLES1ExtensionString: Could not find GLES 1.x config!
Failed to obtain GLES 1.x extensions string!

It's unusable in software emulation.
DELL XPS 9550 with DELL D3100 docking station.
I have tried the latest DisplayLink drivers; 06-Jul-16, 8.0.480.0 but still no luck.

Any ideas?

/M

Last edited by CMJ; 07-30-2016 at 01:58 PM.
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
Computerg767

Hello,

First Off do you have the latest version of Bios?

If so Do you have the latest intel/AMD/Nvidia drivers?

Also a new DisplayLink Driver is supposed to be coming out by at least August 8th.

Computerg767
Computerg767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

I'm sorry but can you explain why you think an issue with HW acceleration and an Android emulator has something to do with DisplayLink?

DisplayLink is not a graphics card with hardware acceleration. Pixels are NOT computed by the physical adapter but by Windows through the graphics card...
I would need a bit more info to get going.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
GregBulmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
I'm sorry but can you explain why you think an issue with HW acceleration and an Android emulator has something to do with DisplayLink?

DisplayLink is not a graphics card with hardware acceleration. Pixels are NOT computed by the physical adapter but by Windows through the graphics card...
I would need a bit more info to get going.
I know this is a few months later, but I can answer you, Alban. This happens both when launching Minecraft or the Android Emulator (both Java apps trying to take advantage of hardware acceleration)... they crash with a GL error when the DisplayLink device is connected and powering the monitors while the laptop screen is shut off.

If you unplug the DisplayLink device, turning on the laptop screen, they launch just fine on the laptop. You can then reconnect the DisplayLink Device, turning off the laptop screen and running either application on a DisplayLink-driven monitor in a multi-monitor context without issue.

They will also launch on the laptop screen when it and the other two monitors are active, and can then be dragged to one of them.

So this issue is with multiple apps from different makers and *directly* related to DisplayLink driven monitors.

I have downloaded the October 25th driver update (8.0M3), installed, and rebooted prior to confirming these issues remain in the latest version of the drivers.

I have a Core i7 6700-HQ, 16 GB of RAM with a 4 GB nVidia GeForce GTX 960m. If I try to launch the nVidia Control Panel I get an error that I am not using a display currently connected to the nVidia GPU.

Based on some conversations, it seems this may be rectified if we downgrade to an earlier GeForce driver, but I don't know which.
GregBulmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,
I've had communication with Microsoft on the OpenGL thing since.
This is a primary graphics card driver issue. Microsoft gave them notice about what they would need to implement and I've been informed latest drivers should already support this. (DisplayLink does not compute pixels so the DisplayLink drivers have never done OpenGL... yet it worked before the anniversary update)
Could you please attach the output file (dxdiag.txt) of the following command so I can hand it over to Microsoft?
dxdiag /t dxdiag.txt

nVidia will have to implement the support for indirectly connected monitors in their utility, this is unfortunately not something we can do. This is a feature available in Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards. As you are their customer, may I suggest you flag this to them?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote