Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
llaughlin

I'm running on a Dell at work:
Computer: Dell Inc. - Inspiron 570 DYTTFQ1
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (x64-based PC), Service Pack 1, English
OS Build: 7601 (Debug = False)
System Bios: Version A05 built 2010/12/20
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor
Number of Cores: 3
Memory: 5887 MB
Free Space: 709685 MB
Primary Resolution: 1920x1080x32
Desktop Size: 4020x1680
Number of Monitors Connected: 3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
Graphics Driver: 8.930.0.0 Dated 2011/12/05

I've had this issue with what I assume is the displaylink driver for several months now. I got it to use a 3rd monitor, obviously, but I've also experienced major hangs with chrome on pages that use flash. I'm also starting to experience heavy graphical glitches on the monitor using the adapter, such as temporarily reduced resolutions, tearing, a sort of fuzzying effect, and sometimes I have to manually reset the resolution to get it back to normal.

I've installed the latest displaylink drivers from Dec 21st:
DisplayLink Graphics (7.1.44323.0) on 2013/01/07 Status is Installed
DisplayLink Core Software (7.1.44152.0) on 2013/01/07 Status is Installed,
and it works fine for an hour or so, but it's like a buffer gets filled or there's a memory leak or something because later, every page that loaded flash would hang.

Today, I updated Chrome to it's newest version (a patch was pushed out) and it seems that EVERY PAGE I load in Chrome freezes once this buffer has been filled. I've had to resort to Firefox just to browse blogs, nevermind youtube or actually interactive pages like a build server interface. I'd love to go back to Chrome because of it's awesome dev tools and plugins, but this DisplayLink issue is making it impossible.

A co-worker has emailed them several times about the problem and apparently they've never responded. I'm not really sure what to think of DisplayLink now, as they seem to be the only provider of USB monitor adapters.

If anyone knows an alternative adapter, I'm all ears at this point. I'm sure I'm beyond the warranty period, but nothing is worth this pain.

Last edited by llaughlin; 01-14-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Posting debug tool diagnostics
llaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote