Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
computerguru

Default 2.4 beta 1 screens freeze

When running the 2.4 beta 1 version with my 8-monitor setup (Mid-2014 MacBook Pro w/ Retina, 1 HDMI, 2 DP, an Anker 2-monitor hub and a Plugable 2-monitor hub), they initially start out fine...can move windows between all 8 monitors with minimal glitching.

After a few minutes, none of the DisplayLink monitors will update, but the Retina, HDMI and DP monitors work just fine. Unplug the hubs, plug them back in, and the DisplayLink displays come back to life.
computerguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi computerguru,

Our logs should point to the problem.

The log tool is at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
You can attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
computerguru

Hi Carlo,

I attempted to submit the bug report, but was greeted by a white page after submitting. Looking at the Chrome debugger console, it was due to a HTTP 500 error on submit.php.

Anyways, back to the screen freezes. I can consistently reproduce it with the method outlined below:

1. Click on the time in the menu bar, and click "Open Date & Time Preferences"
2. Uncheck "Set date and time automatically" box, and change the date to sometime in the past.
3. Save the date, and all DisplayLink monitors freeze.

If you can't reproduce it with the above steps, let me know, and I'll upload the report to OneDrive and share the link with you.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
computerguru

Also, as a side note, I have an additional 2 AOC E1659FWU monitors I would like to connect to my setup, but 2.4 Beta 1 won't recognize more than 8 total monitors. I'm currently having the same issue within Windows, which is referenced in the thread below:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63662

Hoping that the issue can be rectified in both OSes, since I switch between the two quite frequently. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguru View Post
Hi Carlo,

I attempted to submit the bug report, but was greeted by a white page after submitting. Looking at the Chrome debugger console, it was due to a HTTP 500 error on submit.php.

Anyways, back to the screen freezes. I can consistently reproduce it with the method outlined below:

1. Click on the time in the menu bar, and click "Open Date & Time Preferences"
2. Uncheck "Set date and time automatically" box, and change the date to sometime in the past.
3. Save the date, and all DisplayLink monitors freeze.

If you can't reproduce it with the above steps, let me know, and I'll upload the report to OneDrive and share the link with you.
Thank you computerguru,

This bug is very, very interesting. I could reproduce with your steps, I think the key step is the somewhat overcomplicated animation on the "Set date and time automatically" setting.

I wonder what is happening there. Thank you again, we'll look into this and let you know.

About the maximum number of displays on Mac four DisplayLink screens is the maximum. On Windows you should be able to go beyond four on most systems, the guys at Plugable have gone crazy and connected 14.

Regards,
Carlo
Old 04-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #6
Carlo
Mac Team

The problem is actually changing the time, I can reproduce even using the command line to change time.
Strange one.

Thank you again for raising this.

Carlo