Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
pantner

Default USB Device shown as 'Unknown' after re-plugin

Bit of an odd problem with our Toshiba DynaDocks and Smartboards.

Basically, Smartboard (plus other things like keyboard/mouse) plugged into Toshiba DynaDock (USB3 edition) which then plugs into the USB3 Port of the computer.

Also, the Smartboard has an LED that shows it's status.
Red=No computer connection
Flashing Green=Computer detected/connected but 'Smart' Software not running
Solid Green=All connected correctly and operational.

This works fine, no problems.

Then you unplug the Dynadock from the computer, the Smartboard LED turns off completely (ie, no power?).
When you plug the DynaDock back into the computer, the computer shows a "USB Device Not Recognised" error and the Smartboard does not turn back on.

The only way to fix this is to power cycle the DynaDock, restarting the computer does nothing.

These are the Smartboards that we have.

We have 7 of them, this happens for all users who have DynaDocks. (5/7 I think)
This happens across 2 different computer models (Toshiba Z930 and Fujitsu T732).

I have updated the computers to the latest Displaylink software 7M2 or whatever it is, released about a week ago.
Also updated USB3 Drivers (Intel) to the latest I could find.

Nothing seems to really help.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?
pantner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
nlandas

We have the same problem on a Toshiba Dynadock (Displaylink) with the latest 7.4 drivers. We also updated the USB chipset drivers on the laptop itself. The Smartboard will be recognized briefly when plugged in and then drops off and the Smart software can not locate it. Part of it shows as an Unknown device when this occurs.

If we plug directly a USB port on the laptop it works fine. We'd really like it to work through the Dynadock so the instructor only has one cable to plug in. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Those are the same Model Smartboards we are using. The laptop is a new DELL Latitude 3330 with fresh install of Windows 7 64bit and all the latest drivers from DELL and Smart.

I hate to just say me too and not offer a solution but I thought perhaps posting on this slightly older thread might show that others are seeing this.

Last edited by nlandas; 12-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.
nlandas is offline   Reply With Quote