Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
garyleehoward

Default Displaylink forcing restarts on Yosemite

Hi all,

Just dropping you a note to say that my late 2011 Macbook Pro was having some restarting issues since installing Yosemite that seem to have been caused by DisplayLink.

The problem started on wake from sleep or boot, on either the laptop would get to a point and the just reboot itself. Once it had happened once, it often took 6-10 restarts (all automatic - no user input) until I had a stable desktop. No apparent rhyme or reason to when the reboot triggered, sometimes as the OS was loading, sometimes on login screen and other times not until the desktop was up and programmes were loading. Made no difference if the Displaylink adaptor was plugged in or not.

Once the computer had managed to boot to desktop and stay there for ~60 seconds, everything was fine and it ran as normal until next sleep/shut down, but as I said that could take 20 minutes of restarting!

Tried multiple solutions and had all but given up until I saw someone else with displaylink in their kernel panic on the mac support forums. Have been booting and waking from sleep fine since removing the application.

If my kernel panics and other logs are of use to anyone (there are many!) then please do let me know and I can provide. Until then, if there are any other reports of this could I just suggest that a notice is posted on the Mac downloads section of the site? Such a warning would have saved me a great deal of time.

Look forward to using the software again once the issue is resolved.
garyleehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi garyleehoward,

We're very interested in the panic reports and the system configuration!

Can you please attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote