Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
mcasado

Default Mid 2013 Airbook not take install

I have run display link software for years without problems.

I have an air book 13 inch mid 2013 that will not take the install. Have multiple monitors to test with. All the monitors work fine on one year older airbooks sitting next to the one that won't work, so i do not think it is a monitor hardware issue.

I tried version 2.2 as that works great on the older air books, but it won't work on the 2013 airbook. The external monitor is dark with a slight flicker every ten seconds. The main air book monitor mostly stays on with a quick dark flicker now and then.

have tried multiple cables. multiple monitors which all work great with the other air books from one year older.

uninstalled version 2.2, installed 2.3b and no change.

OS 10.9.5

any ideas how to proceed?

I appreciate any help you can provide
mcasado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
mcasado

Default more

on the phone with apple on and off all day... erased hard drive, reinstalled system. Installed 2.2 displaylink drivers.

nothing changed.

in system report, displaylink extensions show up fine. under USB, monitor shows up.

in display system preferences, arrangement tab is up shows both monitors, external monitor in position.

external USB monitor remains dark. occasional flicker. builtin monitor flickers not a lot but some. periodically enough for me to unplug the external before it goes nuts.

running out of options and they don't support USB monitors but have been very helpful. probably done about all i can do to the system software. DisplayLink folks i hope you have some ideas....

gracias
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
mcasado

just got it back yesterday after an applecare logic board, trackpad, and Cable IPD replacement. apple told me i was due for a logic board replacement under warranty, and they found the other two items were bad also.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
mcasado

Default Hello?

No help at all on this? where are the DisplayLink experts?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi mcasado,

What kind of monitor do you have and how is it powered? From the description it very much looks like a power issue with a USB powered product.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
mcasado

Default thanks

ASUS MB168B+
i supplied another usb power to it, a second one, and it worked. odd, it never needed two before..