Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
uptownchi

Default Hiding Displaylink Log errors

Can someone point me int he direction of hiding DisplayLink messages on the Console logs?

I read the forum. I realize there is an issue with Mac OS 10.10. Until it is fixed (with some other topology like say ... Airplay...) I would like to hide these messages.

_CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fd23370edb0) - disabling OpenGL
_CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fd23370edb0) - disabling OpenGL

That's all :-)

Thanks

Jorge
uptownchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
BMT

I've found no way to do this other than by completely disabling the system logging functionality.

You can do so by running the following command in terminal every time you reboot your system:
Code:
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.syslogd.plist
Not at all ideal, but in theory DisplayLink don't seem to think they can do anything about it.

I looked into trying to get syslogd to just ignore/not display the messages in the past, but nothing seemed to work - and even if they hadn't been displayed they would still have been written to the file on your hard drive, which is the main issue with this for me (1000's of messages written a day = lower SSD life).

Last edited by BMT; 11-03-2014 at 11:47 AM.
BMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
jb8748

I've just done it on my machine - I 'claimed' all the messages and then ignored them. Only just finished so there may be some side effects I haven't found yet.

http://blog.jamesball.co.uk/2014/11/...nk-driver.html
jb8748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
jb510

See this older and still active thread:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62987
jb510 is offline   Reply With Quote