Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 07-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Coolgear

Default Intermittant issues with HP Notebook And Sanyo Television

Relayed from our customer:
Quote:
Hi,
I got a USB to HDMI device. I'm running Windows 7 and it didn't work as advertised. I called for tech support but couldn't talk to anyone live.

I didn't get any install errors but couldn't get output to the HDMI on my TV. I tried HDMI 1 and 2 - neither worked, but both work for cable TV okay.

I went to DisplayLink and upgraded the software to 5.3. Still no output to HDMI

I went to DisplayLink knowledge base and found there was some issue with Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset (video) and igfxpers.exe being loaded at startup.

I unloaded igfxpers.exe from startup and got an output to HDMI and it worked great.

The next day I plugged back in and couldn't get any display again. I messed around rebooting, restarting DisplayLink service, moving HDMI ports and finally got it working again.

Tonight I plugged back in and couldn't get it to work.

When it works it works great - but I can't get it to work consistently. Any ideas. I want to keep it, but not if I have to fool around with it an hour each time I want to use it.
The product tests OK in our lab and we are unable do duplicate the issue he describes. I have a diagnostics output from the customer detailing both his computer and TV's specifications if a tech can contact me. I'll subscribe to this thread, or I can be emailed.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

I suspect that the adapter is not resetting properly. Unplugging the USB cable AND HDMI cable then resets it before the reconnect. To check if this is happening, please check the PID under device manager. If the DisplayLink adapter appears as PID 0x8060, then it has not booted correctly and will not work.

Hope that helps

Wim