Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
tthaler

Angry DisplayLink 1.7b4: Loading after login!

Dear developers and readers

Since I did update the driver from 1.7b3 to 1.7b4, it doesn't start anymore during startup of the system part, it only loads after login and probably as the last startup part. This ends up in a blank screen which only gets visible information after loving in to a user oder admin account.

Attached to this case, I did upload all crash log files I did find about DisplayLink driver crashes.

Please get in touch with me to solve this problem.
Regards
Thomas Thaler
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkManager 1.7b4 Crash-Logs.zip (212.7 KB, 1091 views)
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaler View Post
Dear developers and readers

Since I did update the driver from 1.7b3 to 1.7b4, it doesn't start anymore during startup of the system part, it only loads after login and probably as the last startup part. This ends up in a blank screen which only gets visible information after loving in to a user oder admin account.

Attached to this case, I did upload all crash log files I did find about DisplayLink driver crashes.

Please get in touch with me to solve this problem.
Regards
Thomas Thaler
Thanks for the crash logs, we are analysing them. Could you please also collect the debug logs using this tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and upload the output file. Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
tthaler

Hello
Thank you for your replay.
Attached you will find the file you did ask for.
Regrads
Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (202.6 KB, 1027 views)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
ChristianP

Quote:
Hello
Thank you for your replay.
Attached you will find the file you did ask for.
Regrads
Thomas
Thanks Thomas for the logs. We are analysing them, I let you know the result.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
ehendrix

Default Loads after login

Same issue here, displaylink loads after login whereas one would expect it to be loaded as part of the system so that all monitor are available on login and not after login.
I believe I had this with beta 3, definitely with beta 4 (running now).
Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
tthaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Thanks Thomas for the logs. We are analysing them, I let you know the result.
Dear Developers

Attached you will get a list of error messages I found in the System.log of Mac OS X 10.7.2 Final.

Hope this is for any help because the problem persists.
Each time I start the Mac, the order of the displays do switch in-between.
Every other restart the content of the displays will switch as well.
So if I start, the order of D1 and D2 will switch in-between them but NOT the content. The next time I restart, the order of D1 and D2 will stay but the content will switch, and so on......

Kind regards
Thomas Thaler

Side note:
I hope this is not related to the situation I use a German speaking setting of the Lion System.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Displaylink logfile.zip (1.7 KB, 1037 views)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
magnamentis

hi, my case is a bit easier to describe, because nothing happens at all !

In my application folder there is only the uninstaller but no manager can be found on the entire macbook and there is nothing in the display preferences, however activity monitor shows a user agent but not a manager at work. I'm on OSX 17.7.2, intel core i7 2.2GHz, 8GB DDR3 Macbook Pro 15"

Before I'm going to load you guys with useless info, perhaps you better ask what you need from me to go from here.

I use apple-tv as well which works fine, this just to give a hint that i'm not totally unexperienced, basically i do a lot of networking for others and use airplay and extended wifi networks for years already ( airtunes before ) So don't hesitate to talk technical, should be no problem.

Further I might mention that ATV is the only working stream to my tv, any other attempt like "airflick" "airplayer" and "clickto" plugin did not work as well. my machine is quite new with the latest software and otherwise running perfectly.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by magnamentis; 10-25-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
tthaler

Angry

Quote:
Dear Developers

Attached you will get a list of error messages I found in the System.log of Mac OS X 10.7.2 Final.

Hope this is for any help because the problem persists.
Each time I start the Mac, the order of the displays do switch in-between.
Every other restart the content of the displays will switch as well.
So if I start, the order of D1 and D2 will switch in-between them but NOT the content. The next time I restart, the order of D1 and D2 will stay but the content will switch, and so on......

Kind regards
Thomas Thaler

Side note:
I hope this is not related to the situation I use a German speaking setting of the Lion System.
The problem gets worse and somehow mysterious.
Ok lets start.
There are 4 displays connected to a Mac Mini Lion Server Edition.
Two DVI Displays are connected directly to the Mac Mini, two are the Samsung U70 with integrated Displaylink Chipset.
Now the setup is as follows.
DVI 1 on the left top, DVI 2 on the right top, USB-Display 1 on the bottom left just below DVI 1, USB-Display 2 on the bottom right just below the DVI 2.

------------------------
|...DVI1...|...DVI2...|
------------------------
...|.USB1.|.USB2.|...
...-------------------

Well until recently, I did only have the problem, that after each restart of the Mac Mini the two USB Displays did switch their position including their content.
Now it's getting mysterious.
They don't only switch the position but they switch also their content. It's now that way, that USB1 is switching position with USB2 but also USB1 on his new position of formerly USB2 will show the content of USB2. Then after next restart USB1 will still be on his new position of formerly USB2 but now with his formerly content of the bottom left position. So after 4 restarts, the display position and the display content will be again like at the start.

Do I be the only one with such problems?
Are there any suggestions to fix this thing?

Displaylink Developer team, please make a statement for this problem.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
tthaler

Angry

Quote:
The problem gets worse and somehow mysterious.
Ok lets start.
There are 4 displays connected to a Mac Mini Lion Server Edition.
Two DVI Displays are connected directly to the Mac Mini, two are the Samsung U70 with integrated Displaylink Chipset.
Now the setup is as follows.
DVI 1 on the left top, DVI 2 on the right top, USB-Display 1 on the bottom left just below DVI 1, USB-Display 2 on the bottom right just below the DVI 2.

------------------------
|...DVI1...|...DVI2...|
------------------------
...|.USB1.|.USB2.|...
...-------------------

Well until recently, I did only have the problem, that after each restart of the Mac Mini the two USB Displays did switch their position including their content.
Now it's getting mysterious.
They don't only switch the position but they switch also their content. It's now that way, that USB1 is switching position with USB2 but also USB1 on his new position of formerly USB2 will show the content of USB2. Then after next restart USB1 will still be on his new position of formerly USB2 but now with his formerly content of the bottom left position. So after 4 restarts, the display position and the display content will be again like at the start.

Do I be the only one with such problems?
Are there any suggestions to fix this thing?

Displaylink Developer team, please make a statement for this problem.
Side note
I did update to 1.7.beta5 but the problem persists.
Any suggestion to solve this behavior?
DIYPLAYLINK Please help and respond to this: