Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
apple bloom

Default displaylink drivers screwin with directx 11 launchers

The display link drivers are somehow messing up directx 11's ability to launch games in full windows mode, even on the native (non-displaylink) monitors. All three of my games don't work (BF3/origin, X-com/steam, and Tera) steam can launch the games in -windowed mode. I have HD 4000 graphics chipset, but i know other types are also being messed up. Is there a solution/work-around i haven't seen for this very specific problem?
apple bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Vald

Hi there. I'm having the same troubles. I've tried the latest Displaylink drivers (7.1M) with the latest NVIDIA drivers, etc. etc. Everything is fine until the first time I connect a monitor to my DynaPort USB 3.0 and a driver is set up. After that, nothing. The only option is to use the VGA port, which is simply awful.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
apple bloom

sooo did this prob ever get fixed? i'd like to use my 3rd and 4th monitors, but i don't see the point if it won't work with directx.
apple bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Vald

This problem is so bad that I'm just going to sell my docking station and see if there are any better alternatives. If they all use Displaylink, though, then they all will be bad.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #5
kerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple bloom View Post
The display link drivers are somehow messing up directx 11's ability to launch games in full windows mode, even on the native (non-displaylink) monitors. All three of my games don't work (BF3/origin, X-com/steam, and Tera) steam can launch the games in -windowed mode. I have HD 4000 graphics chipset, but i know other types are also being messed up. Is there a solution/work-around i haven't seen for this very specific problem?
Having the same issue. No steam games work with the displaylink core software installed. Even when I'm not plugged in to the monitor.
Windows 8/intel/nvidia dual graphics.

Kinda disappointing. Looking through the forum here it seems like the problem is prevalent.
kerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
NHUK

Default same here

Same issue for me with an HP usb 2.0 dock, I cant be mucking about installing and uninstalling the drivers, this needs a quick fix or I will be getting a refund. There will be a lot of returns otherwise I guess.
NHUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
alchung

We're currently experiencing the same issue as described. Updated to the latest DisplayLink 7.2 drivers and latest Nvidia/Intel video drivers running Windows 7 64-bit. This is on an Alienware MX14R2 system with Nvidia Optimus GT650M and Intel HD4000 graphics card.

The system won't launch games on fullscreen and will flicker sporadically when the DisplayLink software is installed.

Any word of a possible fix for this issue on the next DisplayLink software update?
alchung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
Webu

Same trouble over here - I'm not really able to play any recent game I've got in full screen. Hopefully this could be sorted out soon.

nVidia Optimus GT640M LE and HD4000.

Otherwise I'm quite satisfied with the new Fujitsu PR08 DisplayLink dock.
Webu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
mir77

I've got the exatly same problem. Some games refuses to run in fullscreen. I bought Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 in early december and everything seemed to work fine. I played through the whole Tomb Raider and than I downloaded Shadow Warrior and State of Decay from Steam.
Error massages and only windowed mode followed. I was thinking about crappy system and one weekend i've got nothing to do in work so I reinstalled my Dell Inspiron 7720. While having absolutely clean system I installed steam and Downloaded Shadow Warrior nad State of Decay again and it worked like charm. So I was thinging the problem is solved.
After returning home i installed toshiba dynadock with latest drivers and... Shadow Warrior runs only in windowed mode. I tried to download Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and - the same problem.
So it's kind of sick to pay many for something that makes computer less usable than before even it should have make it more usable
So, is there any way how to solve this? Can't ask for refund after 14 days of ownership in our country, so it kind of sucks.
mir77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
JamesH

Hi,

I responded to your post here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...t=61962&page=3

We are looking into how we can do this.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote