Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Jocelyn

Exclamation High CPU

I am running 2.3 on Yosemite and i have found that the CPU usage is going up to sometime 130%. Is anyone else having this issue or know how you use it?
Jocelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
shkirby

I recently upgraded to OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 and I'm using a Lenovo USB 3.0 to DVI Monitor Adapter using Displaylink Mac driver version 2.3 and the Displaylinkmanager process is consuming 45-55% CPU resources non-stop. My fans are running all day on my MBP 15-inch, late 2011 due to the high CPU.

Any workarounds or fixes available?
shkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

There are a few high cpu issues.
The next update will fix one issue but we're still seeing an intermittent issue, usually happening after resuming from sleep.

About workarounds some issues are triggered by the notification icons in the menubar, you may want to reduce them as much as possible.

Regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #4
shkirby

Thanks Carlo. I typically leave my MBP turned on for days-weeks on end and put it to sleep during commutes. Upon returning to my desk I usually plug in power, USB (which includes displaylink for 2nd monitor), ethernet, and a Thunderbolt-to-DVI adator for 1st monitor which wakes it without ever opening the lid.

I just shutdown/rebooted my MBP and plugged everything after the lid was open and it was awake. But DisplayLinkManager is still consuming 50% CPU. So it seems my issue is likely not related to resume from sleep.

Can you share what high CPU related issues the next update will address and an ETA for the release?

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #5
shkirby

Are there any known issues with Firefox on a DisplayLink monitor causing the DisplayLinkManager process to consume excessive CPU?

I found that when I have Firefox running on my DisplayLink monitor, that the DisplayLinkManager process consumes 50% CPU. If I move Firefox to a non-DisplayLink monitor then the DisplayLinkManager process drops to 15% CPU utilization. I am running the latest Firefox version 35.0.1.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-21-2015, 02:04 AM   #6
shkirby

I think I just found a solution from the archives of this forum.

Goto Firefox Preferences > Advanced > General and uncheck 'Use hardware acceleration when available'.

Now when I have Firefox on my DisplayLink monitor the DisplayLinkManager process consumes less than 5% CPU.

reference: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=730
Old 02-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
hhh

Default High CPU

When I upgraded to 10.10.2 /usr/sbin/distnoted agent was eating the machine.

I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, reinstalled the driver, rebooted.

Something in the 10.10.1 -> 10.10.2 upgrade process correlated with my problem. Seems okay now ...
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote