Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #71
Triptoph

Default Eta?

Hi DisplayLink Team,

Are you guys ready to give us a rough ETA for a fix?

As a software engineer I find it easy to put myself into your shoes; the lack of openness from apple regarding these changes is frustrating. Thank you for the work.

I really need to learn to wait a few weeks before installing those damn updates!

Checking back daily,

Tony
Triptoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #72
PhoenixRebourne

Default SystemUIServer

I'm not sure how helpful this is. I can get the DisplayLink adapter plugged in and have it be black, but I can get my other displays to display like normal. When I do this SystemUIServer is constantly consuming 1.2% of my CPU, and my Mac get's pretty hot. As soon as I unplug it, it drops down to 0%, where it probably should be, and the fans turn off as the computer quickly cools down.

To replicate:
I have a Thunderbolt-to-DVI adapter that came with my Mac and a USB-to-DVI adapter from DisplayLink. Begin with nothing plugged in. Plug in the Thunderbolt display. Plug in the DisplayLink adapter. Unplug and then replug the Thunderbolt adapter.

Maybe this has already been posted / discovered, but I thought I might as well mention it in case it hadn't.
PhoenixRebourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #73
eazywig

Red face Booting in safe mode to reset display orientation works for me

I'm using a BVU195 to connect a 1920x1200 display in portrait mode to a mid 2010 iMac 27". After applying 10.7.3 patch I faced the problem described in this forum. All connected displays turned to blue.
Starting up the iMac in safe mode and launching display preferences resetted the orientation of the display connected to the displaylink adapter to landscape. After a newly restart the displaylink adapter can be used again, but only in landscape mode :-(.
Nevertheless thanks for posting this solution!!!
eazywig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #74
GodwinC

That is the nature of USB.. it uses a lot of CPU power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRebourne View Post
I'm not sure how helpful this is. I can get the DisplayLink adapter plugged in and have it be black, but I can get my other displays to display like normal. When I do this SystemUIServer is constantly consuming 1.2% of my CPU, and my Mac get's pretty hot. As soon as I unplug it, it drops down to 0%, where it probably should be, and the fans turn off as the computer quickly cools down.

To replicate:
I have a Thunderbolt-to-DVI adapter that came with my Mac and a USB-to-DVI adapter from DisplayLink. Begin with nothing plugged in. Plug in the Thunderbolt display. Plug in the DisplayLink adapter. Unplug and then replug the Thunderbolt adapter.

Maybe this has already been posted / discovered, but I thought I might as well mention it in case it hadn't.
GodwinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #75
displaylinker

Not sure if this post helps, I'm also hoping to see a solution to this "no rotation" issue soon.

I have to use displaylink in rotated mode so all my displaylink monitors are useless right now.

Why do we have to go through this trauma every time Apple updates its OS?
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
creamhackered

Any update on this? Luckily I saw this forum post shortly after 10.7.3 was pushed live and I held off. I feel sorry for everyone else who has been left without a working display though. We need a better response to this. I have a feeling I'll be moving away from using DisplayLink adaptors in the future, the beta was bad enough but this is worse.
creamhackered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #77
lfalkenburg

Are there any alternatives? Each and every USB2DVI-Adapter I found on the web uses DisplayLink Drivers!

So DisplayLink has to have gotten a lot of license fees and a lot of users should have such a problem. This can't be unresolvable!

If anybody around here, reading this knows alternatives to the DisplayLink-Driver I would be glad to here from you. THX.
lfalkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #78
SilverOne

Welcome all to display link, unfortunately this is all you'll get from here.
SilverOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #79
GodwinC

Alternatives would use Thunderbolt and daisy chain the displays. That will be the best method since USB has bandwidth limitations.. I only use my displaylink for Terminal.. when you move say a VLC window to the Displaylink side, the CPU use rate will go up rather alarmingly (not to mention the lag).

Honestly I don't see the performance issue due to Displaylink but the problem of USB protocol. The screen rotation however is their problem.

I am just glad that Thunderbolt is coming real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalkenburg View Post
Are there any alternatives? Each and every USB2DVI-Adapter I found on the web uses DisplayLink Drivers!

So DisplayLink has to have gotten a lot of license fees and a lot of users should have such a problem. This can't be unresolvable!

If anybody around here, reading this knows alternatives to the DisplayLink-Driver I would be glad to here from you. THX.

Last edited by GodwinC; 02-13-2012 at 11:23 PM.
GodwinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #80
fhall1

I have an early 2009 iMac 24" NVidia GT120 running a Mimo 7" USB monitor in landscape before I just upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 over the weekend.

I notice the Display Preference shows no resolution numbers and no ability to rotate the display.

I have my monitors set to sleep after 20 minutes....yesterday after coming home from work, the Mimo didn't wake up properly, it was flashing colors/checkerboard/etc like it had just powered up and no system was driving it. So I unplugged it from the USB for a while...when I plugged it back in, the background image appeared briefly, then the windows I keep open on it appeared, then the background image changed to just an all gray screen but the app windows stayed visible....that's the way it's sitting now. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
fhall1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion