Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
MattJH

Default Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Hi,

It doesn't appear that the beta driver works correctly in the consumer preview. I had the developer preview and could get the driver working in that.

I have run the support tool and attached the subsequent zip file. Hope this helps out.

Regards,

Matt
Attached Files
File Type: zip CALDAS_20120301_112211.zip (538.2 KB, 1018 views)
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you please describe the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
James
Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
MattJH

Hi,

The software installs just nicely and everything seems okay. Looking at Device Manager there is no "USB Display Adapters".

I actually tried another workaround from another thread http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...?t=1339&page=2 by Alessio, I installed the Windows 7 software and changed the compatibility mode to "Windows 7". It installed and I could now view the "USB Display Adapters" in device manager.

I then installed the Preview 2 display link drivers and my screen connected to my device came on.

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Wim

Hi MattJH

I suspect the product you are using is a Kensington Office dock, that has built in auto install?

The auto install on this dock will not be compatible with Windows 8, and auto install is no longer supported by our future software releases. Therefore what is happening is that your dock is connecting and appearing as a mass storage device, ready to install the software, but there is nothing to switch it into "video mode" from mass storage so it starts rendering.

I'm afraid you are probably going to need a new product to support Windows 8.

Wim
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
plus.ec

Default IOGEAR Guwavkit3

Hi, I have a problem, the USB device is not recognized by windows. My product is Guwavkit3, please Wim, help us with this inconvenient, we would like you get it touch with IOGEAR team about this compatibility problem with Windows 8.
You are the only ones who can talk to IOGEAR Team for an beta update as DisplayLink Certified for this products, I guess IOGEAR must be in the same update level as you.
We hope that these updates are available asap!.
We would really apreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

plus.ec
Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus.ec View Post
Hi, I have a problem, the USB device is not recognized by windows. My product is Guwavkit3, please Wim, help us with this inconvenient, we would like you get it touch with IOGEAR team about this compatibility problem with Windows 8.
You are the only ones who can talk to IOGEAR Team for an beta update as DisplayLink Certified for this products, I guess IOGEAR must be in the same update level as you.
We hope that these updates are available asap!.
We would really apreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

plus.ec
I think the problem could be that you don't have any wireless USB drivers for this product that will work on windows 8. DisplayLink only provide the video part of this product, so support for the wireless link on windows 8 is outside our control. It is a question for iogear if they want this product to work on windows 8, and if so, push all the component suppliers to provide windows 8 drivers.

Wim