Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
gman

Default 5.2RC with Lenovo T500 ATI/Intel again

I am running a tosh dynadock U with a new copy of 7 ultimate. I cannot get it to recognize the ASUS monitor, so I cannot extend to the monitor. I did have this working on XP SP3.

Any information would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip newdebug.zip (24.0 KB, 959 views)
Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Martin

Hi,

Unfortunately the logs you provided have missed the information I would have liked.

Since I use this model everyday, I wouldn't expect these problems to arrise Could you first tell me whether the machine is in Switchable Graphics mode, or whether, through the BIOS, you have forced it into Intel (Integrated) or ATI (Discrete) mode. I normally leave it in Intel or ATI mode and whilst it does often work in switchable mode, we don't really support it.

Please make sure you try with the latest DisplayLink software and if it reproduces, collect the logs files like you did last time (but leaving less time between the issue happening and collecting them).

Thanks,
Martin
DisplayLink
Old 10-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Martin

See http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116 for Lucas' experience.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
gman

Default Update

I will have to get back to this. The machine was in switchable graphics mode. I changed to Integrated this morning and when the machine came back up it wanted to get an update for the displaylink software, the device manager under the USB display adapters now shows as 5.2.21555.0.

Once all was said and done it went through the normal setup steps and the DVI is now working correctly on the Toshiba DynaDock U. Since I am busy taking classes right now, I will have to wait a while to get back to this.

Sounds like you will have a potential fix in 2010? Do you know about when?

Gary
Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Martin

Hi Gary,

I'm glad everything looks good when in Intel mode.

I actually don't know when 5.3 is due, probably somewhere in the first quarter 2010. I would expect there to be a beta program similar to this, so keep your eyes out for announcements on the forum... in a few months.

Martin