Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #41
spuky

Default Issues will probably be fixed by Apple in 10.8.1

I was experiencing the same issues and just deinstalled the displaylink driver...

But since apple has usb as one of the focus regions of 10.8.1 dev release. I gave the displaylink driver another spin.. and been using it for the last two days without a kernelpanic

Last edited by spuky; 08-13-2012 at 08:11 PM.
spuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #42
ryansch

Default AirDisplay Workaround Successful

I followed the instructions in the airdisplay blog and did NOT get a panic when I resumed from sleep.

My workaround:
1. Prepare to sleep by unplugging external peripherals.
2. Turn off bluetooth.
3. Close lid and suspend.
4. Open lid at another location.
5. Do not have a panic. Get work done!
ryansch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #43
Wim

Hi All

We have been trying to reproduce this issue, and it seems to be connected to having a bluetooth device connected to the Mac. We're going to try and reproduce with bluetooth devices.

This means that it is not actually caused by the DisplayLink software, but something in the Mountain Lion OS. And it looks like Apple have fixed it in 10.8.1 OS update.

Hopefully this OS update will fix the issue...

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #44
cshbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
This means that it is not actually caused by the DisplayLink software, but something in the Mountain Lion OS. And it looks like Apple have fixed it in 10.8.1 OS update.
Good to hear. Thanks for the update!
cshbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
monxoom

Nothing is fixed in 10.8.1! This OS update doesn't adress ANY bluetooth-related problems.

Just curious: You (DisplayLink) needed more than two weeks just to find out your driver issues are related to bluetooth? Someone stated that already. At the beginning of the whole 10.8-discussion. Hilarious. If it wouldn't be a PITA.
monxoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #46
MLombard

I was facing this exact same problem and I confirm after upgrading to 10.8.1 everything IS FIXED with no more occurrences in past 3 days!

Last edited by MLombard; 08-17-2012 at 02:43 PM.
MLombard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #47
ShephardMedia

Unhappy Atlona PC to HDTV USB device

I've had this device in use for some time on my PC. When purchased it didn't have supported software for MAC. Sometime after getting my MacBook Pro in 2006 I decided to see if there had been any compatible software released. It wasn't until today that I found that although this device had been discontinued and replaced with an upgraded hardware version, Atlona now listed Apple MAC compatible DisplayLink software and drivers for Snow Leopard 10.6.2. During the installation process the system was required to be rebooted a few times without issues. After the driver install the "system tray" at the top (still PC minded) showed the correct icon for this device manager. The DisplayLink software installed without problems and rebooted automatically. The USB device was never inserted until this point at which I received the GSOD kernal panic curtain and my heart sank deeply since I just lost my desktop PC to system failure just a few days ago (which I hope I'll have the solution to in the mail soon ;-). I rebooted with the USB device and I got an even worse kernal panic screen I'd never seen, no curtain drawn. So, I removed the device and rebooted and as you can see it's working since I'm online. I haven't tried turning off the bluetooth and inserting the device yet because I wanted to see check for online help first since I have only this computer working now ;-(

Sorry for the book, but I've read through this entire forum post and the end of it says that it seems it's related to the bluetooth USB and that a Mtn Lion release update cures the issue.

Question: my MacBook 2006 is too old to upgrade to Mtn Lion....does anyone and/or DL/TS have any information that a fix is possible for Snow Leopard 10.6.2? ...or other? ANY help from ANYone would be GREATLY appreciated!

Audra
ShephardMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #48
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShephardMedia View Post
Question: my MacBook 2006 is too old to upgrade to Mtn Lion....does anyone and/or DL/TS have any information that a fix is possible for Snow Leopard 10.6.2? ...or other? ANY help from ANYone would be GREATLY appreciated!
The issue has been introduced by Apple in 10.8: 10.6.x is not affected.

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #49
odyth

I have the same problem as well. I have a brand new mac book retina and had no issues on lion. Once I upgraded to mountain lion every few times i unplug my thunderbolt display my mac book GSOD. is there any fix other than uninstall display link or downgrade to lion?
odyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #50
tawman

Odyth, I have been watching the news on the pending Mac OS X 10.8.1 release and the known issues with Thunderbolt displays is a core area of focus. The second build of 10.8.1 has already been seeded to developers and I hope it is ready for GA soon.

Apple failed miserably with quality control and testing for the 10.8 release. The fact that turning off my Apple Magic Mouse (any bluetooth device) after sleeping my MBP causes a GSOD was known as far back as last year. You can search for many of these GSOD issues on developer forums when 10.8 was still pre-released.

I hope this is not indicative of a post Steve Jobs Apple.
tawman is offline   Reply With Quote