Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
MCV

Default 1.5b7 Driver available... if you know where to go.

Not sure if everyone is reading ALL the threads here but another DisplayLink Forum member (Forza) was kind enough to point us to another sight that uses the same drivers for their product and has version 1.5b7 available for download. The other site is DoubleSight.com and the new beta driver has been available as of 12/4/09. If this site isn't going to keep up with posting this new info, it may be a good idea to keep an eye on DoubleSight for beta driver updates. Here's a direct link, just click on the DOWNLOAD tab:

http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=53

I can't seem to find any info about this driver release, but I have an email out to DoubleSight Tech Support to see if I can get some details. I'll update when I have something more.

Last edited by MCV; 02-23-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
andreahaku

Default Snow Leopard 64bit compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV View Post
Not sure if everyone is reading ALL the threads here but another DisplayLink Forum member (Forza) was kind enough to point us to another sight that uses the same drivers for their product and has version 1.5b7 available for download. The other site is DoubleSight.com and the new beta driver has been available as of 12/4/09. If this site isn't going to keep up with posting this new info, it may be a good idea to keep an eye on DoubleSight for beta driver updates. Here's a direct link, just click on the DOWNLOAD tab:

http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=53

I can't seem to find any info about this driver release, but I have an email out to DoubleSight Tech Support to see if I can get some details. I'll update when I have something more.
...and it works with Snow Leopard 64bit. Just tested on my Macbook Air and it works!

Thanks a lot!!

Andrea
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
adlawton

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreahaku View Post
...and it works with Snow Leopard 64bit. Just tested on my Macbook Air and it works!

Thanks a lot!!

Andrea
How did you get this to work? When I go to install my boot volume is grayed out.

Can anyone else confirm this works with 64 bit?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
tmslixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlawton View Post
How did you get this to work? When I go to install my boot volume is grayed out.

Can anyone else confirm this works with 64 bit?
I just installed b7 and tried booting into 64bit by holding down 64 after my reboot and my second screen that uses the display adapter does not work. So, for me at least it's not working on 64bit. BTW, display adapter is connected to a MBP running 10.6.2.

Guess I need to reboot back into 32bit kernel if I want to use my second screen.

Another question is, is there anyway we can do to tell us what version of driver the adapter is using? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
forza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmslixx View Post
I just installed b7 and tried booting into 64bit by holding down 64 after my reboot and my second screen that uses the display adapter does not work. So, for me at least it's not working on 64bit. BTW, display adapter is connected to a MBP running 10.6.2.

Guess I need to reboot back into 32bit kernel if I want to use my second screen.

Another question is, is there anyway we can do to tell us what version of driver the adapter is using? Thanks.
If you open System Profiler and go to Software/Extensions you'll see an entry titled 'DisplayLinkDriver' - under the version column it tells you what the version number is, mine shows '1.5b7 (22527)'. Interestingly it shows NO under the 64-bit column so perhaps the reports of 64 bit support are incorrect (especially given others lack of success)?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
tmslixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza View Post
If you open System Profiler and go to Software/Extensions you'll see an entry titled 'DisplayLinkDriver' - under the version column it tells you what the version number is, mine shows '1.5b7 (22527)'. Interestingly it shows NO under the 64-bit column so perhaps the reports of 64 bit support are incorrect (especially given others lack of success)?
Thanks for the information forza. I was able to see the version my USB adapter uses which is good to know for the future.

Hopefully we can get a updated 64bit driver soon as they did say later this year and the year is almost over. Maybe a Christmas gift for us Mac users on the 25th?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Xacto

I can not get the installer to work. Every time I hit install I get the following:
The Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I am running 10.6.2
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
MCV

Default PRAM reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacto View Post
I can not get the installer to work. Every time I hit install I get the following:
The Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I am running 10.6.2
Try a PRAM reset. Help found at http://snowleopardtips.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
Xacto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV View Post
Try a PRAM reset. Help found at http://snowleopardtips.blogspot.com/
Thanks... tried it and I still can not get the installer to finish the installation. Any other ideas?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per processor): 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5
Serial Number (system): G891006E20G
Serial Number (processor tray): J590800L61LUC
Hardware UUID: 96A33A9B-FFFB-532E-BFEF-300720E277F6
ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9440
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B7710F-176
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318
Displays:
Cinema HD:
Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
MCV

Default SMC reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacto View Post
Thanks... tried it and I still can not get the installer to finish the installation. Any other ideas?
How about an SMC Reset? Help also found on http://snowleopardtips.blogspot.com/