DisplayLink Forum  

Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
miket71
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default Windows 8 DisplayLink issue

Hello,

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, and I have the WUSB to HDMI DisplayLink Adapter from Cables Unlimited a.k.a. Warpia, IOGear GUWAVKIT2, and a few other names that it sells under. The last WUSB driver I tried to use is version 14.2.174.8, with no luck. When we plugin the USB adapter, it tries to plug-n-play, but doesn't complete like it did with Windows 7, as there were about 7 Device Connect sounds, and the screen would flash a couple times as it initialized. With Windows 8, there are only 2 Device Connect sounds, with no screen flash. If the device is left connected, the computer blue screens after a few minutes. Hopefully one of the vendors are working on a new driver for Windows 8. We are using the latest DisplayLink software. Thanks for reading, and for any help. Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP-PC_20121026_221157.zip (270.4 KB, 3 views)
miket71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #22
miket71
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default Windows 8 DisplayLink issue - reattempt

Hello, I just made another attempt at loading the WUSB drivers and DisplayLink software. I uninstalled both the driver and software, and rebooted. Then I put the DisplayLink USB dongle into the USB port on the computer. Everything installed except for the USB Root Hub for it with a yellow exclamation symbol and an Error 31. When I tried Updating The Driver manually, it would go online to look for one, but would come back to say that it had the best driver on the computer already, despite the yellow triangle symbol. Then I tried reloading the Windows 8 compatible DisplayLink software again. It would start to load, then it seemed like it would quit in the middle of the install. I'm used to clicking Finish at the end of any install which would tell me that it was successful, but that doesn't happen. However, it shows two entries in the Programs and Features list (DisplayLink Core Software and DisplayLink Graphics). The DisplayLink tray icon does not appear at all. Then when I load the WUSB driver for it, that loads fine, but still it does not work. Each time I try to load the driver, it wants to update the firmware on the USB dongles, but I have been skipping that part because I know that they are updated. When the dongle is connected at the PC, the green light flashes quickly for a few seconds, then goes steady, then flashes rapidly again for a few seconds, then shows steady, and does this over and over with no result. I have seem the PC blue screen if I leave the dongle in there too long. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Mike
miket71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #23
jcrombez
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Hello,

I did exactly as mentionned in http://kb.displaylink.com/334, at least 6, 7 times. Without any luck.
jcrombez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
flo6677
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default

I also have the problem with out Laptop Lenovo X1 Carbon. As Windows 8 is installed (with USB 3.0 driver) I only installed the Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock driver and the new Display Link 7.0M2.
Only a few seconds the external display appeards, than the signal is gone... After ever new plug-in the same.
I already tried every step/hints on this forum-page. Nothing helps.

Do you have any hints to a stable connection to the USB 3.0 dock?
We need the Notebooks urgently in office...
Thanks a lot!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FNITZSCHE_20121104_131050.zip (339.4 KB, 6 views)
flo6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
Wim
Senior Member
 
Wim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket71 View Post
Hello,

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, and I have the WUSB to HDMI DisplayLink Adapter from Cables Unlimited a.k.a. Warpia, IOGear GUWAVKIT2, and a few other names that it sells under. The last WUSB driver I tried to use is version 14.2.174.8, with no luck. When we plugin the USB adapter, it tries to plug-n-play, but doesn't complete like it did with Windows 7, as there were about 7 Device Connect sounds, and the screen would flash a couple times as it initialized. With Windows 8, there are only 2 Device Connect sounds, with no screen flash. If the device is left connected, the computer blue screens after a few minutes. Hopefully one of the vendors are working on a new driver for Windows 8. We are using the latest DisplayLink software. Thanks for reading, and for any help. Mike
I think your issue is with the UWB link. These drivers are not DisplayLink drivers, so I can't help get these working. But looking at the system details, it shows that a DisplayLink device has never been detected on the USB bus:

Quote:
--------- Nivo Info ---------

Attatched USB device(s) matching our VID:


Nivo's that have been attached:


Hardware IDs:
Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #26
Wim
Senior Member
 
Wim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo6677 View Post
I also have the problem with out Laptop Lenovo X1 Carbon. As Windows 8 is installed (with USB 3.0 driver) I only installed the Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock driver and the new Display Link 7.0M2.
Only a few seconds the external display appeards, than the signal is gone... After ever new plug-in the same.
I already tried every step/hints on this forum-page. Nothing helps.

Do you have any hints to a stable connection to the USB 3.0 dock?
We need the Notebooks urgently in office...
Thanks a lot!
I think you have a different issue, which I have raised a bug for, as it needs further analysis.

Someone on here did have an issue with the X1 and updating the BIOS helped. Could you try this and see if it helps solve the issue?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
flo6677
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I think you have a different issue, which I have raised a bug for, as it needs further analysis.

Someone on here did have an issue with the X1 and updating the BIOS helped. Could you try this and see if it helps solve the issue?

Wim
Yes, I already updated BIOS from Lenovo support page and tried the new drivers. The first time monitors show a few seconds, now nothing happens, if I connect the dock.
flo6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
drowl87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default Screen Flashing

I'm having the same issues as well. I had done an upgrade to Windows 8 when it first started. After having other issues with the upgrade, I wiped the hard drive and did a clean install of Win 8 Pro. I installed the latest 7.0 M2 driver (downloaded from the DisplayLink website), hooked up the monitor, rebooted the machine when prompted to, and the screens began flickering on after reboot. Here is a video of what is happening: http://goo.gl/OT2ph. Sorry for the poor audio, but you should be able to get the gist.
drowl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
mho
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Unhappy Win 8 - DisplayLink drivers not working

Have ImationLink USB adapter, worked just fine with Win 7, after upgrade to Win 8 no video signal, audio connection seems to work. Uninstalled and reinstalled DisplayLink software and driver several times with no effect. Solution?
mho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #30
AaronC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Default Similar flashing or black screen issue

Hi, I am running windows 8 on a new Lenovo w530. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers etc countless times (including all the ways suggested in this thread) and have had no luck). When wanting to extend my display I get the flashing screen. If I instead duplicate my display my second screen goes black, but has a windows arrow in the centre and my primary screen switches to low resolution, but the flashing ceases. If I switch my secondary screen to off (ie only keep my primary display) then my resolution of my primary screen goes back to normal and the secondary screen goes blank.

Log from the displaylink support tool is attached below (I ran the tool while the primary screen was flashing)

Any help suggestions would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LENOVO-THINK_20121106_141634.zip (1.37 MB, 2 views)
AaronC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.