If you believe you have found an issue that is not covered by an FAQ
on the website, you can help DisplayLink debug the issue by providing the right information.
DisplayLink provide a debug tool that gathers up system information, useful to DisplayLink in diagnosing problems. Before submitting a bug to DisplayLink, please follow the steps below to provide the right information
- Download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool here
- Run the tool on your PC after the problem has occurred
- Ensure the DisplayLink adapter is connected to your PC. Use the "Detect Devices" to ensure the DisplayLink adapters are connected
- Click "Log System Info" to gather the system information DisplayLink requires
- Choose a location to save the .dat file. This file should be attached to the e-mail sent to DisplayLink
- The system information may take up to a few minutes to gather. You will be prompted once it is complete
- Close the tool and zip and attach the .dat file on the forum, along with a description of the issue. The .dat file is just a raw text file, so the information sent to DisplayLink is clearly visible.
- Download the Mac DisplayLink debug tool here
- Run the tool on your Mac after the problem has occurred
- Ensure the DisplayLink adapter is connected to your Mac
- Optionally you can select Full from the System Information Detail submenu in the Advanced menu. Full details are more likely to to capture the origin of an issue but take more time to gather.
- A .zip file will be created containing all the needed information
- By clicking on "Show File" the tool will be closed and the debug file will be shown and selected for you
- Close the tool and attach the debug file to your post, along with a description of the issue. The file is a compressed folder that contains plain text files so the information sent to DisplayLink is clearly visible.