Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #41
roncli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Also, what do you mean when you say windows update is "empty"?
As in, all the updates are applied
Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #42
roncli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Try this. Once Windows BSODs and reboots, choose safe mode.

Once booted up in safe mode open a run dialog (Win+R) and type:

services.msc

Once the services window is open, look for:

DisplayLinkManager

Double click on "DisplayLinkManager" and in the window that opens, stop the service if it is running. Then set the startup type to "Disabled". Press "Apply", then "Ok" then close the services window and reboot.

Let Windows start up normally and once everything is up and running, go back into the services window and change DisplayLinkManager's startup type back to "Automatic" and start the service by hitting the "Start" button.
I was able to do all this. As soon as I hit the start button on the last step, though, the screen again flashed to black and just a mouse pointer several times, followed by the same BSOD.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
roncli

Attached is the debug information from the usb adapter debug tool. Currently, I have DisplayLinkManager service disabled, as I get the BSOD when it's enabled.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip debuginfo.zip (26.3 KB, 560 views)
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #44
Wim

Hi All

We released the v5.5 software yesterday, which contains a fix for interaction between DisplayLink and v10.8 (and probably 10.9) of ATI drivers.

Could you all try this release and check this fixes the issue you have all been seeing?

The release is here.

Thanks

Wim
Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #45
logrus

Hey Wim,

So far so good here with 10.8. Much better. :-)

Thanks for helping us out with this.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #46
roncli

Excellent, my blue screen is gone, and my Mimo is working again! Thank you.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #47
steelfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncli View Post
Excellent, my blue screen is gone, and my Mimo is working again! Thank you.
Same here! I'm happy to report that my old Mimo 710 is now fully functional once again!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #48
Saturn2888

Still doesn't fix it for me. I've tried 5.2, 5.3, and the latest September 5.5 which I downloaded today. I have two HD4850s in Crossfire. I don't know if this has been fixed yet or not, but anytime I open this game (http://code.google.com/p/sm-ssc/) and minimize it while it's windowed, it crashes the system and displays white and grey striped lines on the ATi-connected screens.

I haven't tried it when the game's fullscreen, I haven't tried any other games; I've only done this one because I need to work on it. Unplugging the DisplayLink monitor does not correct the issue. I wish I knew about this sooner because the last time I tried to troubleshoot this issue (a week ago) I corrupted my entire computer, the registry, and spent the last week getting myself to the point I am now where I have a mostly-working system again. It also ended up destroying my SSD which I have to RMA now. I don't know what exactly the problem is, but it seems really serious if it's able to corrupt an SSD so much that it is no longer recognized by any of my systems.

I confirmed the game does not crash on an HD3870 (not Crossfire) in another rig when minimized. Currently, I'm testing with Crossfire disabled. If I do not edit this post, then it crashed my system.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #49
Saturn2888

Ah yeah, that was definitely a crash.

Last edited by Saturn2888; 10-21-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #50
Saturn2888

After some more work, it may be a driver issue. I do not have this problem on any other rig, but also, those rigs do not have the DisplayLink driver installed nor do they have Crossfire. Can anyone else who has Crossfire confirm if this is an issue? The game I spoke of uses OpenGL; but can switch to Direct3D. I don't want to risk corrupting my registry again so I'm hesitant to test it with Direct3D.