Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
odiHnaD

Default Surface Pro (Intel HD4000) Direct3D crash

Second shot at this (seems my first post was deleted after the cleanup of the forum being hacked).

I'm running a Targus Superspeed Dual display dock and if the DisplayLink drivers are installed (7.1 M1) when I attempt to run Star Wars The old Republic, Diablo III, or StarCraft II the program crashes back to the desktop with the following error:

SC2 and D3:

Graphics Error
Click to retry creating D3D device.
Click OK to retry

SWTOR: (in the log)

INFO Renderer Error: CreateDevice() failed 'E_INVALIDARG' adpater: 0 [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:515)
INFO Renderer failed to create D3D Device. [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:515)
INFO Renderer Failed to initialize renderer interface. [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:515)

If I remove the Display Link driver all three games run just fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
odiHnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
mrw45

Default Steam Games not working

I have played these games fine on this machine before DisplayLink. In both cases i get screen flickering even if my Lenovo usb3 is not connected. Then the following errors.

For Arctic Combat and Star Stek I get the following errors:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2895 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (9.17.0010.2843)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (80070057). Please delete your Battery.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- NetworkURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Title not found. <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

For Alien Swarm I get:

Unable to create D3D engine. See attached for screen shot.

I have the most recent intel 4000 graphics drivers installed.
Attached Images
File Type: png AlienSwarmError.png (10.0 KB, 3 views)
mrw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Wim

We are aware of this issue on Windows 8 with running games and they are in the bug queue to be looked at. We don't currently have a date for a fix.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Wim

I think these 2 threads are down to the same issue, so merged them.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
mrw45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
We are aware of this issue on Windows 8 with running games and they are in the bug queue to be looked at. We don't currently have a date for a fix.

Wim
Wim,

Would it make some sense to have the ability to add some kind of ability to disable display link? I mean, I need it for work, when I have the lenovo usb3 dock hooked up, but I don't need it any other time. If you could create a way to disable and enable it, you wouldn't have to deal with all these random issues like Netflix, Hulu, games, etc. At least you could take your time with bug fixes without having the OEM's consumers suffer.
mrw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
odiHnaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw45 View Post
Wim,

Would it make some sense to have the ability to add some kind of ability to disable display link? I mean, I need it for work, when I have the lenovo usb3 dock hooked up, but I don't need it any other time. If you could create a way to disable and enable it, you wouldn't have to deal with all these random issues like Netflix, Hulu, games, etc. At least you could take your time with bug fixes without having the OEM's consumers suffer.
I second this, same situation here. It gets kinda old uninstalling/re-installing display link every few days.
odiHnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw45 View Post
Wim,

Windows will not let you dynamically uninstall graphics drivers without a reboot, so there is no easy way to disable our driver.

We are working on these issues and it will be quicker to do this than add a way to "disable" our driver.

Wim
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
talon

Hi,

Same thing for me, I'm using the HP 3005pr with windows 8.

having problems playing games in full screen.

games requiring Direct3d crash.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
narshe

I'm having the same issue. "Failed to create D3D Device" when running a Steam game on my Surface Pro after installing the drivers for my Targus DynaDock.

Is there an ETA on a fix for this yet?
narshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
r_san

Default Same problem here

My spec:

i5-3210 - Intel HD4000
nVidia Geforce GT 650M

This system supports nVidia Optimus.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

I have the error about creating D3D device when I try to play Left 4 Dead 2 and Street Fighter vs Tekken. The error occurs when my Diplaylink adapter is connected or not. After uninstalling the Displaylink applications on "Control Panel/Programs and Features" and rebooting I can play those games.
r_san is offline   Reply With Quote