Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
NHUK

Default Mouse Cursor Vanishing

Sorry if this has been posted before, I could not find a result when searching.

The latest update of the displaylink software on my surface pro 2 has left me with a mouse pointer that intermittently vanishes. I have tried disconnecting my to0uch cover, but it makes no difference. What I have noticed is that if I set the display to mirror, the cursor/pointer is fine. If I set it to monitor only it disappears frequently.

I am using an AOC external monitor and a pluggable usb3.0 dock with the latest chipset.

Any ideas? Everything was working just fine, but it seems you cannot downgrade the displaylink software. It could be nothing to do with DL, but it seems a bit of a coincidence..

Many thanks!

Nick.
NHUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Marina87

I've heard about the same issue from several people that use Sony Vaio. What do you use?
Marina87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

Is the cursor disappearing when you are running in "Projector Only" mode only?

If so this will be fixed in the next release due out early next month.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
NHUK

To both responders - whilst I appreciate you coming back to me, all the information you ask for is in the original post.

Quote:
I've heard about the same issue from several people that use Sony Vaio. What do you use?
As stated above,

Quote:
The latest update of the displaylink software on my surface pro 2 has.....
and,

Quote:
Is the cursor disappearing when you are running in "Projector Only" mode only?
as stated above:

Quote:
What I have noticed is that if I set the display to mirror, the cursor/pointer is fine. If I set it to monitor only it disappears frequently.
In any case, why are we waiting till 'early next month' for a fix? What changed, and why does it need another two weeks to fix?

Nick.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
JamesH

Hi,

Just checking I understand your issue.

The issue in question is already fixed but is one of many changes in the forthcoming release. These all require wide area testing against many different devices, OSes, graphics, host controllers and platforms to ensure the release is fit for purpose. This takes time and is why the release is not available until the beginning of April.

Thanks,
James
Old 03-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
NHUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Just checking I understand your issue.

The issue in question is already fixed but is one of many changes in the forthcoming release. These all require wide area testing against many different devices, OSes, graphics, host controllers and platforms to ensure the release is fit for purpose. This takes time and is why the release is not available until the beginning of April.

Thanks,
James
No, James, the issue is not 'already fixed'.

I am unable to use my displaylink device for the purpose it was sold. So until the update is release, the issue is not fixed. Plan B, I return my display link device as unfit for purpose and I use the money to buy a mini display to HDMI adapter, and a 4 port usb 3 hub, then the issue is fixed.

Last edited by NHUK; 03-16-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
easywill

I am also having this same mouse issue with Version: 7.5.54018.0
and do not understand why I cannot downrate back to Version: 7.4.53134.0. This issue renders my setup practically unusable. I should not have upgraded to your new version of this software.
easywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
JamesH

Hi,

Internally this is fixed and will be included in v7.5 M2 due out in the next two weeks.

Thanks,
James
Old 03-23-2014, 11:08 PM   #9
carbog

I don't care that "its fixed internally." This update makes my setup unusable. I've spent all day trying to downgrade but there seems to be no way. Either give me the fix or tell me how to roll back to the old driver.
carbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
mad58max

Just wanted to raise my hand here that I am also having the same situation as the OP and others: Everything was working perfectly, an update was pushed out to us, now my mouse flickers terribly and appears to have some lag induced as well.

I am also using a dual monitor setup with my Surface Pro 2. This product has been great for the past 5-6 months for me and really wish I didn't let it upgrade now.

Update:
The flickering has turned into just disappearing if I don't move it for more than a couple of seconds, as well as the intervals between displaying and hiding are getting farther and farther apart (it seems).

Has anyone found a quick fix for this? My tasks at work here are taking me much longer with my invisible mouse pointer.

Last edited by mad58max; 03-24-2014 at 03:58 PM.
mad58max is offline   Reply With Quote