Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > Duplicates
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
gateslinger

Default 5.6Beta Win 7 pro x64 BSODs on install

Tried the 5.6Beta on my system hoping that it fixes a BSOD with 5.529194....

Running Windows 7 latest patches applied. Install of 5.6 Beta goes through and requests the restart. The reboot is fine, then I plug in the USB2DVIPRO and let the drivers install. Previous 5.5.29194 version didn't get through that step on the reboot.

However, the laptop BSODs during the startup with a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I believe it's related to the ATI driver. System specifics:

Lenovo W500 FireGL V5700 (4058-CTO model)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
ATI driver 8.752.4-101022a-107489C-Lenovo
Latest Lenovo patches & drivers (up-to-date)

Only way I can get it back up is in safe mode or doing a Lenovo repair action which goes back to the state before the driver install.

It BSOD hards

-Thanks
-G

Last edited by gateslinger; 02-04-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

While having 5.6b driver installed, please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from the website below, then gather the system information and send the zip file to us. (delete memory.dmp file if the zip file is too large to upload). This would give us more information as to what might be wrong.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
gateslinger

Tried to do it during the before and after install. However, since it BSODs the boot, I can't exactly get a complete dump of the error. Your forum is bouncing the zip file upload:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I rolled back the ATI driver to a previous version, no BSOD upon reboot after the driver install. I posted a similar response in the 5.5 forum.