PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting two external displays


Marcello Dolcini
07-23-2026, 09:53 AM
Hello
I have a macbook pro M1 with Monterey that i want to connect to two displays:
- a Samsun display connected to the thunderbolt port
- An Old cinema display connected with a USB dock

If I connect only the usb display, The system uses the usb display without problems. SO cables are OK

IF I connect only the thunderbolt display there are no problems, the thunderbolt display works perfectly

If I connect both, the system uses the USB display and the thunderbolt display doesn't work

I installed Display link version 1.8.1
When connecting both thisplays as I said the system uses the USB display and Display link says "No display link-enabled display detected.

Anybody can help?
Thank you

rboerner
07-23-2026, 11:19 AM
- An Old cinema display connected with a USB dock


Please provide the brand and specific model number of (or a direct web link to) the 'USB dock' you are using.

Marcello Dolcini
07-23-2026, 01:44 PM
I am using a Dodocool 7-in-1 USB C

https://ita.grandado.com/products/dodocool-7-in-1-usb-c-hub-alluminio-multiporta-usb-c-hub-pc-laptop-usb-c-hub-plug-and-play-hub-per-i-tuoi-telefoni-usb-c-laptop-pc?variant=UHJvZHVjdFZhcmlhbnQ6MzUxODE3Nzg4&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=17424209717&gclid=Cj0KCQjw94bTBhDQARIsAN3vv0xSHs5Ta6mQD1TCNCi2 2v1ZZKC98ZhHNoNHIHBi9KfHmqoc88tZ6HUaAid7EALw_wcB

Thank you!

Szymon
07-24-2026, 06:20 AM
Hi Marcello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It appears the Dodocool 7-in-1 USB-C is not a DisplayLink product. Instead, it uses a USB alternative mode to connect an HDMI display by utilizing your MacBook's GPU. As MacBook Air M1 supports only one external display, just one connected externally will function.

To use two screens at the same time, you would need an adapter or docking station that uses DisplayLink technology.

Regards,
Szymon

Marcello Dolcini
07-24-2026, 10:42 AM
Thank you very much for the information

tiktok29
07-26-2026, 05:29 AM
It might be a compatibility issue with the USB dock or the older DisplayLink version. Updating DisplayLink Manager and checking Apple Silicon compatibility may solve the problem.