PDA

View Full Version : Cannot prevent autostart


CreativeBubble
08-14-2026, 12:32 PM
I've made a ticket about this already but did not help. I don't want Displaylink to open automatically and the option in settings is not activated. I've tried everything: Removed it from login items (restarted, logged out and in again), ran the terminal command; enabed, then disabled the option, upgraded to latest version etc.

Now I even can't quit the application anymore. If I quit it the settings menu, after a few seconds it starts agan automatically. This is really anoying because sometimes it turnes on the elgato prompter even if I have disabled it in settings and screws with my resolution.

Any help greatly appreciated!

rboerner
08-17-2026, 12:42 PM
If you have not done so already, I would suggest reporting the issue to DisplayLink directly by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301-how-to-report-macos-issues-to-displaylink

CreativeBubble
08-18-2026, 11:56 AM
As I said in my post, I made a ticket already and it didn't help. That's why I'm hoping someone here in the forum has different solution than the standard solutions offered in the ticket, which I also mentioned in the post.