DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Windows 10 1607 black screen after update (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64710)

sub4 08-29-2016 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I am expieriencing the same issues after Windows 1607 update. Black screen on my Monitor connected via a HP USB2 Dock.

Tried your suggestions with driver uninstalling and also used the EndUser-Cleaner. No success.

I attached my logfiles. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Thomas

Pavel 08-29-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 80995)
Ok Pavel, found it Product ID 01E6.
I see the Seagate as E:
But I see another one as F: which is Flash memory.
Because of the product ID, it looks like you have an autoinstall/Mass Storage we don't have a solution for today. Could you please send an email to technical_enquiries our our domain.com?
I'll send you 8.0 M2, but I am not really optimistic.

Ok, I just installed R8.0 M2 you sent me and nothing happens. The monitor remains black.

AlbanRampon 08-29-2016 12:10 PM

Hello Thomas,
Thanks for the logs and description.
Can you please try 8.0 M2?
Your device doesn't look like it has Mass Storage. If that's correct, then it will work with 8.0 M2.
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:

Originally Posted by sub4 (Post 81012)
Hello,

I am expieriencing the same issues after Windows 1607 update. Black screen on my Monitor connected via a HP USB2 Dock.

Tried your suggestions with driver uninstalling and also used the EndUser-Cleaner. No success.

I attached my logfiles. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Thomas

AlbanRampon 08-29-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel (Post 81013)
Ok, I just installed R8.0 M2 you sent me and nothing happens. The monitor remains black.

Hi Pavel, it means you have a device with Mass Storage then. We don't have a solution at the moment as it needs switching USB configuration and this is not supported by the Windows 10 USB driver we use.

tlh119 08-29-2016 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I, too, am having the black screen with no option to clone/extend my display after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I have attached the diagnostic files. Hopefully, you can provide a solution. Thank you.

AlbanRampon 08-29-2016 08:26 PM

Hello tlh119,
I'm sorry, this device is too old and I don't have it in my database.
Can you check if you have a mass storage which is not from another USB key you plugged in your computer?
Alternatively, install the 8.0 M2 previously linked and, if you get your monitor back, then it was NOT a mass storage.
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlh119 (Post 81020)
Hello,

I, too, am having the black screen with no option to clone/extend my display after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I have attached the diagnostic files. Hopefully, you can provide a solution. Thank you.

sub4 08-30-2016 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Alban for the 8.0 M2, but unfortunately this makes no difference. Still black screen.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thomas

tlh119 08-30-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 81024)
Hello tlh119,
I'm sorry, this device is too old and I don't have it in my database.
Can you check if you have a mass storage which is not from another USB key you plugged in your computer?
Alternatively, install the 8.0 M2 previously linked and, if you get your monitor back, then it was NOT a mass storage.
Kind regards,
Alban

I installed M2 but it did not help. It looks like I will need to roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

The device is a Toshiba Dynadock-U and there are no mass storage devices plugged into it.

AlbanRampon 08-30-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlh119 (Post 81034)
The device is a Toshiba Dynadock-U and there are no mass storage devices plugged into it.

Thank you Tlh119, you have actually a third thing! You have a custom device supporting a special resolution for Thosiba.
I've added your logs for investigation to understand this device. As it's from 2007, it is not too fresh in anyone's memory so not sure what we can do yet.
Please keep an eye on the future Release Notes for ID 23485 in case I don't report progress here.

tlh119 08-30-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 81035)
Thank you Tlh119, you have actually a third thing! You have a custom device supporting a special resolution for Thosiba.
I've added your logs for investigation to understand this device. As it's from 2007, it is not too fresh in anyone's memory so not sure what we can do yet.
Please keep an eye on the future Release Notes for ID 23485 in case I don't report progress here.

Thank you. I will hold off rolling back for now so if there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.