DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mojave 10.14.2 Now Available (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66384)

Wozzy 12-05-2018 06:02 PM

Mojave 10.14.2 Now Available

So here we are about 10 months on since DL and Apple fell out and finally it looks like we have it back working for all Mojave devices.

centersj 12-06-2018 12:54 AM

10.14.2 has been installed on my system. At first, my 2 external monitors worked with the dock, meaning I was able to see my wallpaper, mouse, arrange the screens, etc.

Resolutions are mostly low resolution modes (even at 4k) and feels stuttery like airplay, but shows airplay off.

After about 5 minutes, both external screens went black with only a mouse cursor. This is getting ridiculous.

Wozzy 12-06-2018 08:20 AM

No issues for Me.

MacBook Pro 2018
Moajve 10.14.2
Driver 5.0.1
Targus 180 Dock
Dual screens - one is 4k

joepke-m 12-06-2018 08:32 AM

Blurry screens

I am having a blurry screen, regardless of having it on 1080p

progan 12-06-2018 01:20 PM

mac mini 2018 fixed by 10.14.2

Just wanted to confirm that upgrading to 10.14.2 + displaylink driver v 5 fixed the black screen issue on my 2018 mac mini and enabled multiple displaylink monitors.

pdubhu10 12-06-2018 07:56 PM

are you using a dock or straight USB?

progan 12-06-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdubhu10 (Post 87242)

Me? Direct USB with two of these @ 1080p https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GSWWIOE

pdubhu10 12-07-2018 02:26 AM

Progran,

For some reason, I am unable to extend 2 usb monitors. Using a Macbook Pro 2017, High Sierra. Only one usb monitor is even recognized in the display settings

Anonymous_ 12-07-2018 10:35 AM

With 10.14.2, displaylink finally seems to be working with my 2018 Macbook pro.

However Mission Control animations are very slow on displaylink screen. Also drag-n-dropping the application windows on displaylink connected screen seems to be rather slow. Anyone else experiencing such issues? Any idea how to fix it?

Came across https://support.displaylink.com/know...hout-user-inte however it did not do any change at all. Dragging windows still lags as well as mission control animations.

EDIT: it does not work. Wrote it in the message below this message with appropriate logs, however DisplayLink team deleted and therefore censored my message. It is better to delete the problems and not to see them rather than actually fix the things I guess.

joepke-m 12-07-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdubhu10 (Post 87242)

Kensington Universal Dual Video Docking Station SD3500v, if you asked me

https://image.coolblue.nl/422x390/products/1076985

After I forced my monitors to RGB mode by a "patch-did.rb" action it is slightly better, but stilling far from sharp

Poly 12-09-2018 08:20 AM

Finally works flawless so far, just like it did with High Sierra 10.13.3. nearly a year ago. Plus a working clamshell mode! Yay! :D

I keep my fingers crossed that the forgotten HDCP video support will eventually also come to macOS. :confused:

MacBook 12-inch Early 2016
Mojave 10.14.2
DL Driver 5.0.1
HP Elite USB-C-Docking Station G2

Mr.T. 12-10-2018 04:28 PM

For the FIRST TIME since buying my DisplayLink this spring, I actually have the external monitor working off the HDMI.

Updated to 10.14.2 with driver 5.0.1

Now, I just hope it lasts.

alexdmoney 12-12-2018 01:24 PM

2017 MBP 15": Updated from 10.13.3 to 10.14.2, confirmed working w/o DL Driver update

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, hoping to help with my recent finding. After running 10.13.3 for quite some time, I decided to run a backup and pull the trigger on the 10.14.2 update.

I did not update manually DisplayLink drivers after updating from 10.13.3 to 10.14.2, and am running 10.14.2 with 3 fully-functional monitors as extended desktops off of a StarTech USB-C docking hub, with none mirrored or requiring the AirPlay workaround. It appears to be using the same DisplayLink Drivers and configuration I had installed and ran on 10.13.3. I haven't noticed any issues with output or graphics performance, so I wanted to report this for those running this machine.

Steps:

1. While running latest 10.13.3 (w/ all combo/security updates for 10.13.3) + DisplayLink 4.1 Driver, run Time Machine backup.
2. Once backup is complete, go to the App Store to download, run Mojave 10.14.2 update.
3. After the update is complete, DO NOT change/modify/install any DisplayLink Drivers; rather, reboot a few times to test functionality.
--- If extended desktop doesn't work after rebooting a few times, try updating to the DL 5.0.1 Driver.
4. Report back to this thread with your results.
5 [Hopefully] PROFIT!

Machine:
MacBook Pro 15" 2017
2.8Ghz Core i9 w/ Radeon Pro 555

Prior configuration:
OS X High Sierra 10.13.3
DisplayLink USB Driver 4.1

Current configuration:
OS X Mojave 10.14.2
DisplayLink USB Driver 4.1**

**AGAIN: I did not manually run the update to DisplayLink Driver 5.0.1 - So unless it somehow ran the 5.0.1 update on its own automatically, I am still running the same DisplayLink USB Driver 4.1 I had used while running 10.13.3

If anyone needs a copy of the 10.13.3 update, please PM me and I will do what I can to share that file with you.

Best,
Alex

Anonymous_ 12-12-2018 02:14 PM

@alexdmoney and what is the point? Why not update to the latest 5.0.1 driver which works too? Just don't understand the "wow" behind old driver on new MacOS :)

AlbanRampon 12-12-2018 02:35 PM

Hello,

I've removed the cross-posting.

We have been using the same documented OS API on both, and never claimed otherwise.
5.0.1 has important compatibility fixes, and therefore using an untested/unsupported driver, without the bug fixing is not something I would advise. There is a reason why we spent the time/money to release 5.0.x...!
Also, 5.0 was simplified to take benefit of some OS improvements.

Regards,
Alban

Anonymous_ 12-12-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 87275)
Hello,

Regards,
Alban

Yeah and you also deleted my message about non-working DisplayLink with logs attached. So you deleted relevant post. Is this censorship from DisplayLink in order to hide the problems?

alexdmoney 12-12-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 87275)
Hello,

We have been using the same documented OS API on both, and never claimed otherwise.
5.0.1 has important compatibility fixes, and therefore using an untested/unsupported driver, without the bug fixing is not something I would advise. There is a reason why we spent the time/money to release 5.0.x...!
Also, 5.0 was simplified to take benefit of some OS improvements.

Regards,
Alban

Hi Alban,

Thanks for the note. So my question for you is this: if I update to the new driver, and it ruins what right now is perfectly working for me, what is display link going to do to make this right?

I am just looking to help, and add an additional troubleshooting method for those still having issues.

AlbanRampon 12-12-2018 02:45 PM

No conspiracy here!
I removed your unprofessional injurious post.

Anonymous_ 12-12-2018 02:47 PM

There was no so called injury in my post. I just posted truthfully, that unfortunately the displaylink still does not work, it crashes.

I even posted the logs and I wrote, that this piece of software is bad and broken, just like any other software which simply does not work.

Why not to fix it or ask me for details if needed instead of censoring the actual problem?

AlbanRampon 12-12-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexdmoney (Post 87278)
Hi Alban,

Thanks for the note. So my question for you is this: if I update to the new driver, and it ruins what right now is perfectly working for me, what is display link going to do to make this right?

I am just looking to help, and add an additional troubleshooting method for those still having issues.

I'm not asking you to change what you're doing. You've butchered your install and if you're happy it's fine.
However, advising this to everyone as the solution is wrong and I am unable to support everyone who will get their install broken because they followed your advice.

This really isn't the only place where cross-posting a link to multiple threads is not accepted...

Mr.T. 12-16-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.T. (Post 87257)
For the FIRST TIME since buying my DisplayLink this spring, I actually have the external monitor working off the HDMI.

Updated to 10.14.2 with driver 5.0.1

Now, I just hope it lasts.

I should update this post... it did work. Until I rebooted the computer. Now, no combination of doing anything will get it to work again. I give up.

jtrigueros 12-19-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous_ (Post 87247)
With 10.14.2, displaylink finally seems to be working with my 2018 Macbook pro.

However Mission Control animations are very slow on displaylink screen. Also drag-n-dropping the application windows on displaylink connected screen seems to be rather slow. Anyone else experiencing such issues? Any idea how to fix it?

I'm also experiencing lag :( Dragging windows and selecting code in my code editor has some serious lag. I bought the Dell D6000, which wasn't cheap, so that I could connect both of my monitors with one cable, but I've had to resort to using an USB-C to HDMI dongle for the time being.

Awaiting future updates!

tommiy 12-21-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrigueros (Post 87307)
I'm also experiencing lag :( Dragging windows and selecting code in my code editor has some serious lag. I bought the Dell D6000, which wasn't cheap, so that I could connect both of my monitors with one cable, but I've had to resort to using an USB-C to HDMI dongle for the time being.

Awaiting future updates!

Try uninstalling the drivers, reboot, and reinstall and reboot. I've noticed, like a few others, that displaylink drivers over a period of time result in kernel_task CPU utilisation increasing. This may be the result of the lag. I now routinely watch my kernel task utilisation and once it gets to averaging about 20% i repeat uninstall and reinstall to get it to return to about 2%.

Poly 12-26-2018 11:30 PM

I'm experiencing overload or overheat issues lately. I'm on the latest driver and Mojave version. Specifically when playing e.g. Youtube videos on the extended monitors (both @1080p), everything gets very laggy within minutes and eventually both screens will shut down. Unplugging and rebooting seems to help only temporarily. I'm using the HP-dock mostly. My specs are in the signature below.

brossow 01-20-2019 01:00 AM

MacBook Air (13 inch, 2017) with macOS 10.14.2
DisplayLink 5.0.1
Sabrent USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station

Still getting nothing at all on my attached monitor, which was working fine until the 10.13.4 update months ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink 5.0.1 driver repeatedly (rebooting each time, obviously). The monitor itself is fine, and I have tried both HDMI and DVI cables (all known good) and nada.

Any suggestions? Month after month without an external display has been incredibly frustrating. I submitted logs back in September and never heard a word.

brossow 01-29-2019 06:25 PM

Nothing? No help at all? C'mon, DisplayLink. Please?