DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   2.4.1 on YOSEMITE not working (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63657)

xav 03-16-2015 09:06 AM

2.4.1 on YOSEMITE not working

hello
i'm using USB to VGA 165.
since i've uprgraded 10.9 to 10.10 the 2nd screen not displaying anymore (3/4 months ago now)
i've tried 2.1/2/3 macosx drivers and now the last 2.4 beta driver but i'm disapointed cause nothing change, screen still black.
i've made a displaylink debug, where do i have to send it?
thx u

Carlo 03-16-2015 09:30 AM

You can attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you,
Carlo

xav 03-16-2015 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok there is in attached file
thx u for your help

Carlo 03-16-2015 03:50 PM

Hi xav,

Can you please attach the full logs collected by our debug tool?

The log tool is at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
You can attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you,
Carlo

xav 03-16-2015 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok i have attached to this post, all files the debug tool made
ok like this?

Carlo 03-17-2015 06:31 AM

Thank you xav,

The logs show that only part of the DisplayLink driver is running on your system. The service itself cannot be started.

The first thing to do in this case is:
- Use the uninstaller in the DisplayLink disk image and uninstall the driver
- Open Disk Utility
- Select your startup drive and in the "First Aid" panel click on "Repair Disk Permissions"
- Once Disk Utility has repaired the permissions, install the 2.4b1 driver again

This usually fixes most installation issues, please let me know if you are still having issues.

Kind regards,
Carlo

xav 03-17-2015 01:11 PM

thx for your reply
i did it twice but still not working

Carlo 03-17-2015 02:39 PM

Hi xav,

At closer inspection we found out that you probably don't have a directory that we need to install on Yosemite.
It's a new one in 10.10 so probably got left out in the upgrade.

To create it, open Terminal and execute the following line:
sudo mkdir /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

You'll need to enter your administrator password. Then repeat the previously mentioned steps: uninstall DisplayLink, repair permissions, install DisplayLink

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carlo

xav 03-17-2015 04:40 PM

thanks for prompt answer
the terminal line made: mkdir: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools: File exists
i did: uninstall DisplayLink, restart, repair permissions, install DisplayLink, restart
but nothing change

Carlo 03-18-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav (Post 76807)
thanks for prompt answer
the terminal line made: mkdir: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools: File exists
i did: uninstall DisplayLink, restart, repair permissions, install DisplayLink, restart
but nothing change

This is puzzling. The installer for some reason cannot create our subdirectory inside /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools
Can you please run this in the Terminal:
ls -al /Library | grep PrivilegedHelperTools
And let me know the output?

Cheers,
Carlo

xav 03-18-2015 11:20 AM

hello
here is the teminal answer
-r-xr--r--@ 1 root wheel 1447600 22 nov 14:25 PrivilegedHelperTools

Carlo 03-18-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav (Post 76819)
hello
here is the teminal answer
-r-xr--r--@ 1 root wheel 1447600 22 nov 14:25 PrivilegedHelperTools

Right OK that's the problem then. Repair permissions can not repair this because it's not the right kind of object.

That seems to be a link to something else and not a directory.
In that location there should be a directory with permissions drwxr-xr-t

I don't really want to risk breaking anything on your system but if it were mine I'd move whatever /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools is to somewhere else.
Then create the directory, adjust permissions etc. as per previous instructions.

Otherwise the safest is an OS reinstall of course to make sure all the OS files and directories are at the right place. But it takes quite some time.

Cheers,
Carlo

xav 03-18-2015 02:46 PM

i am a time capsule user, so i think it's possible to restore system if something goes wrong.
where do you think i should move the /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools 's file?
and what do you mean by ''create the directory''? that i should create a new folder in Library and put the PrivilegedHelperTools in?

Charlotte 03-18-2015 04:32 PM

2.4b not working for me either

1 Attachment(s)
I sent an email on Monday with my issues. No reply. It was working on Friday and then it stopped. Saw the new 2.4b install on Monday, did that, still not working. What to do? If can't fix please tell me how to return. Thanks

Attached is the zip file you need for the logs, etc.

xav 03-18-2015 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hello
i moved the PrivilegedHelperTools into a new folder and made the followed step (uninstall, disk permissions, install)
well, that is made the curious thing ... a smaller screen, and let black band and two side of the real screen.
so i started displaylink information program (results in attached file)
after uninstall 2.4 displaylink drivers, it come back to normal, but now if i install it again it directly make the curious screen result ...

what should i do?

Carlo 03-19-2015 04:07 PM

Hi xav,

Are you sure it's not in mirror mode? Can you check the arrangement tab in the Displays system preference?

Carlo

Charlotte 03-20-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte (Post 76823)
I sent an email on Monday with my issues. No reply. It was working on Friday and then it stopped. Saw the new 2.4b install on Monday, did that, still not working. What to do? If can't fix please tell me how to return. Thanks

Hello. I have now sent an email & also posted a message to this forum with no response to either. Please contact me back so we can troubleshoot this issue or please tell me how I can return this non-working product. Need to hear back today. Thanks

xav 03-20-2015 02:04 PM

hi carlos
you were right, i was just in mirro mode... i did not know this mode.
now, it's ok you solved my problem carlos.
great software, great support
thanks displaylink

but it still 2 problems,
on the main screen, display sparkle at some places on few website
and on the second screen the mouse is slower...

any idea?

Carlo 03-20-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav (Post 76851)
hi carlos
you were right, i was just in mirro mode... i did not know this mode.
now, it's ok you solved my problem carlos.
great software, great support
thanks displaylink

but it still 2 problems,
on the main screen, display sparkle at some places on few website
and on the second screen the mouse is slower...

any idea?

Difficult without a video but sparkle seems to suggest flickering pixels. That is usually symptom of a bad digital video connection. Usually it's the cable but could be the device or the monitor.
The best thing in this case is to try different combinations of connections to identify the problematic piece of hardware.

The mouse performance depends on many factors but in general on Mac DisplayLink screens will have more lag than the internal screen if you are updating a big part of the screen, for example dragging a big window.
We are looking at further performance improvements though so keep an eye for driver updates.

Carlo

Carlo 03-20-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte (Post 76823)

Hi Charlotte,

In the logs you captured there are no DisplayLink devices reported. If the device was connected when you captured the logs it could be a HW issue.
I'd suggest to contact the manufacturer for further debugging or a possible product return.

Best regards,
Carlo

xav 03-21-2015 06:24 AM

hey carlo
sparkle is a software problem, cause didn't there before i move PrivilegedHelperTools file.
that is only apear on some website pages.
do you thing i should make a copy of PrivilegedHelperTools in is old place or change something to the file?

about the mouse, it's quiet slower on 2nd display without running big softwares, the problem still even if no windows on it.
never had the problem before?

do you want me to send a video?

xav 03-21-2015 07:03 AM

hello
the issue came with the new yosemite security update
all is working well now...
thank you for your support carlo

dberringer 04-24-2015 08:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Carlo,

I'm also trying to get my sabrent USB-1612 on yosemite(just did a clean install) but so far no luck. When I plug in the adapter I get the flash but the monitor doesn't see a signal and goes to sleep. The OS seems to see the adapter because the display settings arrange tab sees my 3rd monitor and I can arrange it but again no image on the screen(see attached screenshot).

I have done the following:
  • uninstalled my displaylink driver
  • reset the permissions
  • reinstalled the latest beta displaylink driver from the site
  • checked the PrivilegedHelperTools folder permissions
    => ls -al /Library | grep PrivilegedHelperTools
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel 136 Apr 24 12:32 PrivilegedHelperTools
    & DisplayLink folder was created there

I have attached a full/debug file. Any ideas? Thanks.