DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Issues detecting all monitors with a D6000, MacBook Air M2 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68378)

MacTacos 08-21-2022 02:09 PM

Issues detecting all monitors with a D6000, MacBook Air M2

Hi,

I am having issues with my new Macbook M2,

Model: MacBook Air M2,
macOS: Monterey (12.5.1)
Dockstation: Dell D6000 (USB-C)
DisplayLink: 1.7.1

Only 2 out of 3 monitors are working.
Monitor 1: Dell U27D - Works (DP to DP)
Monitor 2: Dell U27D - Works (DP to DP)
Monitor 3: Samsung G7 - Not working (HDMI to HDMI)

But if i were to use and connect my old Macbook Pro with Big Sur 11.6.2 and DisplayLink 1.5.0 it works flawlessly with above monitor settings.

DanielSznicer 08-23-2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTacos (Post 94193)
Hi,

But if i were to use and connect my old Macbook Pro with Big Sur 11.6.2 and DisplayLink 1.5.0 it works flawlessly with above monitor settings.

Hello,
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?
Can you please attach your logs file then please follow the steps in this link
https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

akipal 09-15-2022 08:17 PM

Same issue here,
I am from M1 Macbook Air with similar setup

Monitor 1: LG Ultrawide - (DP to DP)
Monitor 2: LG Ultrawide - (DP to DP)
Monitor 3: Dell monitor - (HDMI to HDMI)

now I switched to M2 Mabook Air
Monitor 3 not working
If any 2 of 3 monitors connected, they are working until 3rd monitor connected.

switching back to M1 makes all 3 monitors working

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTacos (Post 94193)
Hi,

johnpfkane@hotmail.com 09-26-2022 04:19 PM

Hi VA

I am having the same issue using MacBook Pro M2 with 3 x Asus VA24E monitors

Monterey 12.6

Monitor 1: ASUS VA24E (DP to HDMI) works
Monitor 2: ASUS VA24E (DP to HDMI) works
Monitor 3: ASUS VA24E (HDMI to HDMI) does not work

However, HDMI to HDMI works if I unplug the DP ports on the Dell dock.
Same setup works with an Apple MBP M1 and Apple MBP Intel laptops.

bombero 10-05-2022 10:01 AM

I am having the same issue using MacBook Air M2 with 3 x LG 23MP65 monitors

Monterey 12.6

Monitor 1: LG 23MP65 (DP to HDMI) works
Monitor 2: LG 23MP65 (DP to HDMI) works
Monitor 3: LG 23MP65 (HDMI to HDMI) does not work

However, HDMI to HDMI works if I unplug the DP ports on the Dell dock.
3 external monitors and 1 build-in on the Dell laptop with Windows OS works fine.

tahleel 10-25-2022 05:05 PM

I'm having the same issue.

2022 MacBook Pro M2 with Dell D6000.
macOS Monterey v12.6
DisplayLink Manager v1.8 (released yesterday, 10/24/2022)

Monitor 1: Dell U2417H via DisplayPort
Monitor 2: Dell U2417H via DisplayPort
Monitor 3: Dell U2417H via HDMI

When I have all three connected, only the DisplayPort connected monitors turn on. When I turn off a DP monitor (either #1 or #2), the HDMI monitor turns on (#3).

I was upgrading from my Dell D3100, which works perfectly with three monitors. Was looking for a one plug solution to charge and dock, rather than using dongles.

KatarzynaCzaja 10-26-2022 12:48 PM

Hello,

The problem seems to be with Alt-mode technology.

The Dell D6000 relies on two USB graphics technologies to support up to three external displays.

DisplayLink and USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode, an optional USB-C port feature that requires connecting the docking station directly to a compatible host computer's USB-C port using the original USB-C cable provided with the docking station.

DP Alt-Mode is used with HDMI if the other two ports are occupied and DisplayLink is used with DisplayPorts if using 3 external monitors. If you use just two external monitors DisplayLink will handle them regardless of what ports they are connected to - this is why you see HDMI working if one monitor connected to DisplayPort is disconnected from the dock.

If three external monitors are connected DisplayLink will only handle the DisplayPorts and HDMI will not be seen by DisplayLink driver as it will use different technology than DisplayLink.

DP Alt-mode is not related to our technology. For it to work you have to have Dell D6000 connected via USB-C and your computer has to support DP Alt-Mode. If your computer does not support this technology - the HDMI port (when using all video ports), will not work.

If you are connected via USB-C and you are certain that the computer does support DP Alt-Mode then it is best to consult Dell directly.

akipal 10-28-2022 12:39 AM

My question is
Why it was working fine with M1 then not with M2?
With exact same setup, I was using all 3 monitors on my M1 then I upgraded with M2 which now working with only 2.
And i searched and there still is a similar product using DisplayLink then works with 3 monitors on M2 machines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 94460)
Hello,

The problem seems to be with Alt-mode technology.

The Dell D6000 relies on two USB graphics technologies to support up to three external displays.

DisplayLink and USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode, an optional USB-C port feature that requires connecting the docking station directly to a compatible host computer's USB-C port using the original USB-C cable provided with the docking station.

DP Alt-Mode is used with HDMI if the other two ports are occupied and DisplayLink is used with DisplayPorts if using 3 external monitors. If you use just two external monitors DisplayLink will handle them regardless of what ports they are connected to - this is why you see HDMI working if one monitor connected to DisplayPort is disconnected from the dock.

If three external monitors are connected DisplayLink will only handle the DisplayPorts and HDMI will not be seen by DisplayLink driver as it will use different technology than DisplayLink.

DP Alt-mode is not related to our technology. For it to work you have to have Dell D6000 connected via USB-C and your computer has to support DP Alt-Mode. If your computer does not support this technology - the HDMI port (when using all video ports), will not work.

If you are connected via USB-C and you are certain that the computer does support DP Alt-Mode then it is best to consult Dell directly.

Quickie 01-23-2023 01:28 AM

Same issue

Hi,

Has there been a resolution to the following?
Its a common issue that after searching is related to your drivers.

The comment you made here confuses me as with no displaylink driver the HDMI works and display port does not

"If three external monitors are connected DisplayLink will only handle the DisplayPorts and HDMI will not be seen by DisplayLink driver as it will use different technology than DisplayLink"

M1 Macbook Pro works fine
Windows 11 laptop works fine

Dell won't answer these questions as they rely on you for the MAC software correct?

M2 Macbook Pro-HDMI to HDMI port not displaying?

Please advise?
Happy to pull logs for you to understand how this can be resolved

jtcaron 01-26-2023 05:30 PM

Same issue with M1 mba

Model: MacBook Air M1
macOS: Monterey, stopped working since 12.6.2 (12.6.2, 12.6.3 and 13.2)
DisplayLink: 1.8

Monitor 1: HP LP1965 - Works (DVI to DP)
Monitor 2: HP LP1965 - Works (DVI to DP)
Monitor 3: Asus TUF VG249Q - Not working (HDMI to HDMI)

yarielrg 01-28-2023 04:21 PM

Same issue... Same Issue... please answers, solutions!

Please any updates here!!

Model: MacBook Pro M2 Pro
macOS: Ventura 13.2
Dockstation: Dell D6000S (USB-C)
DisplayLink: 1.8

Monitor 1: Lenovo L24Q-35 - Works via DisplayPort
Monitor 2: Lenovo L24Q-35 - Works via DisplayPort
Monitor 3: Lenovo L24Q-30 - Not working via HDMI

It works as mentioned before when I disconnect one from DisplayPort.

Also works perfectly well in my MacBook Pro M1 Max

M2MacUser 01-31-2023 06:02 AM

Same here..
  • Model: MacBook Air M2
  • macOS: Ventura (13.2)
  • Dockstation: Dell D6000 (USB-C)
  • DisplayLink: 1.8.0 buil 63.163
  • Only 2 out of 3 monitors are working.
  • Monitor 1: Dell U2412M - Works (DP to DP)
  • Monitor 2: Dell U2412M - Works (DP to DP)
  • Monitor 3: Dell U2412M - Not working (HDMI to DVI)

All other MacBooks, Dells, etc. are working. It's just the M2 that's not working.

Please check on it.

markverg 01-31-2023 06:57 AM

Same issue

Unfortunately, I concur. I'm having the same issue as the issues described above; starting the M2 Air it doens't work anymore. Please advice.

dvr111 01-31-2023 11:04 PM

Still an issue for me, months later..

KatarzynaCzaja 02-01-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markverg (Post 94894)
Unfortunately, I concur. I'm having the same issue as the issues described above; starting the M2 Air it doens't work anymore. Please advice.

Can you please provide more detail of what you are seeing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvr111 (Post 94895)
Still an issue for me, months later..

Can you please describe the issue you are having?

NOTE:
We have tested Macs with M2 chip internally and it seems that those do not support Alt-mode technology. Which will result in HDMI not working when using 3 external monitors with Dell D6000 or Dell D6000S.

gafortiby 03-01-2023 01:46 AM

I also have the same problem as OP.
I can use 3 external monitors with D6000 on my MacBook Air M1.
I can only use 2 external monitors with D6000 on my MacBook Air M2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 94899)
NOTE:
We have tested Macs with M2 chip internally and it seems that those do not support Alt-mode technology. Which will result in HDMI not working when using 3 external monitors with Dell D6000 or Dell D6000S.

Have you tested Macs with M1 chip as well? Does this mean M1 does support Alt-mode since my M1 laptop works fine?

Thanks!

aadd 03-10-2023 03:22 PM

Solution to this problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 94899)
Can you please provide more detail of what you are seeing?

Can you please describe the issue you are having?

NOTE:

Have you found a solution to this problem? Is there a way to connect 3 monitors with a 2022 Macbook Pro M2 13 inch?

carolinepixels 03-11-2023 12:08 PM

Same issue

Seems I am having the same issue as the others have posted. I outlined my problem recently in a thread before finding this article. https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68684

Had a working set-up of 3 monitors an on Mac pro M1 mac with D6000, moved to Mac air M2 and now the HDMI port is not detected when both DisplayPorts connected.

This Youtube video evidences that this desired set up is achievable with the Air M2, so it suggests there is an issue with DisplayLink and D6000.

This seems to be a very common issue for people. We'd appreciate a solution as more and more people upgrade their machines this will be come a wider problem for you.

Thanks

Legge98 08-12-2023 11:00 AM

D6000 with Adapter?

Hi,

looks like it is a problem today as well.
I switched from a M1 to a M2 Pro and discovered the same issue as all above on 2 Dell D6000 Docks.
On both docks the Monitor which is connected via HDMI will not be seen by displaylink driver and is not working.

Now my question: Is it possible to "chain" a displaylink dock? So the idea is to use a HDMI to USB Adapter that supports displaylink and put it between the HDMI Cable (Was is currently connected to the dock) and the D6000 dock.

As example something like this: https://www.amazon.de/Cable-Matters%.../dp/B00BPEV1XK

Would that be possible to get the full functionality of the dock back?

Viboxing 08-12-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legge98 (Post 95656)
Hi,

looks like it is a problem today as well.
I switched from a M1 to a M2 Pro and discovered the same issue as all above on 2 Dell D6000 Docks.
On both docks the Monitor which is connected via HDMI will not be seen by displaylink driver and is not working.

Now my question: Is it possible to "chain" a displaylink dock? So the idea is to use a HDMI to USB Adapter that supports displaylink and put it between the HDMI Cable (Was is currently connected to the dock) and the D6000 dock.

As example something like this: https://www.amazon.de/Cable-Matters%.../dp/B00BPEV1XK

Would that be possible to get the full functionality of the dock back?

I'm facing exactly the same issue and it also only started today?

Was a background update pushed overnight or something?

Please fix this!

toddtmw 08-21-2023 07:22 PM

Not a great workaround, but I am able to get three external monitors by connecting 2 display port monitors (HDMI monitors using a DP to HDMI adapter) to the Dell dock connected to one USB-C port and then plug the third HDMI monitor (through a cheap Amazon USB-C dock) to the other USB-C port.

Works on my M2 Macbook Air, but uses both USB-C/Thunderbolt ports. (Ventura)

KatarzynaCzaja 08-22-2023 09:09 AM

As there are too many reports with various devices we recommend reporting issues to our team directly so we can focus on your case specifically and anwser all questions. Please send us an email to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com.
Thank you.

bebetobn 10-28-2023 05:30 PM

Same here.

Model: MacBook Air M2 2023
macOS: Sonoma 14.0
Dockstation: Dell D6000S (USB-C)
DisplayLink Manager: 1.10

Monitor 1: Dell P2422HE - Works via DisplayPort
Monitor 2: Dell P2422H - Works via DisplayPort
Monitor 3: Dell P2422H - Not working via HDMI

When I unplug 1 or 2, then 3 works. But can't get all of them to work at the same time.

Bah434x 10-30-2023 08:15 AM

I moved away from this dock for this reason..

Running the Alogic DX3 now and all works great

bebetobn 10-31-2023 11:54 AM

I found a workaround!

I found a "dumb" workaround.

I plugged the third monitor directly on-to my Macbook Air via USB-C cable. I tried both with DP-USB-C cable and with a USB-C--USB-C cable (my monitor also has USB-C out) and it works. So the setup is:

Macbook Air M2 2023:

- USB-C port 1 goes to D6000 that goes to Monitor 1 and Monitor 2
- USB-C port 2 goes to Monitor 3

Not ideal, but it works. Hope this helps anyone else.

fiturri 01-03-2024 12:51 AM

Workaround

Hi, i have the same issue. I changed my MacBook Pro M1 by a MacBook Pro M2 and the Dell Dock D6000 not recognizes anymore the third monitor conected by HDMI.

The workaround is connect the third monitor by HDMI (use an adapter if only have USB-C ports) into the other port of the mac

If this problem is fixed in another version of Displaylink please let me known

Thanks.

jc9 03-11-2024 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaCzaja (Post 94899)
NOTE:

M2/M3 chips definitely supports Alt-mode. I tried these three docks with my M3 Macbook Pro and my 3 plugged displays works great:

MOKIN 3 display
- https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0C9ZHT3HQ

WAVLINK triple 4K 12-in-1
- https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0C4P2JL1J/r

ANKER 10 in 1
- https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-MacBooks...dp/B09XH3PD25/

The issue is with the Dell D6000. HDMI works great with M1 but not M2 and M3 macbooks.