DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Dell D6000 new firmware for dock not waking up on USB-C when rebooting (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67878)

DmitryAE 09-07-2021 12:28 PM

Dell D6000 new firmware for dock not waking up on USB-C when rebooting

Hello All.

My current config: M1 Macbook Air / 11.5.2, Dell D6000 / DL driver 1.4.
Good news: after update Dell D6000 firmware to A04 dock makes "white" just after macbook's restart. Need no to turn off/on dock or did manipulation with usb cable.

Direct link to Dell update firmware: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...-d6000/drivers

Bad news: you still have to use windows machine for update

AlbanRampon 09-07-2021 12:33 PM

Hello Dmitry,

I was replying exactly that on another thread.
The USB-C Power Delivery controller has an update. That's why there was no issue in USB-A mode. We have verified with the manufacturer that the new firmware is indeed intended to fix that issue.

Power cycling the dock after successful flashing will allow the controller to use its new firmware.

Regards,
Alban

pjl 09-08-2021 03:47 AM

I upgraded the firmware for D6000 with Windows machine and fully power cycled the docking station before I plugged back to MBA M1. Now, I don't have to use USB-C hub between MBA M1 and D6000 - that was my workaround to overcome the issue.

Now, it works great with 3 monitors - 1 HDMI (alt-mode) and 2 DisplayPorts.

Only thing I miss now is display rotation! Once the rotation feature works, I can call it complete.

riddl0rd 09-08-2021 08:02 PM

Hey Dmitry,

Thanks for this heads up i can’t test this out right away but does this new firmware fix usb mouse/keyboard that gets disconnected? Only way is to disconnect/connect power for a couple of times for it to work.
Hope this is also in that same fix

ojobson 12-12-2021 10:38 AM

Is anyone having an issue with this again since upgrading DisplayLink to beta v1.6 to enable screen rotation?

Perhaps it is not just limited to the D6000?

Every time I come back to my setup I have to power cycle the D6000 dock to get the screen to turn on. The Dock works in other regards, which causes most of the pain as I have to disconnect all my external drives before I can power cycle the dock.

ojobson 12-15-2021 11:58 AM

Installing MacOS 12.1 seems to resolved my issue of the screen not waking from sleep with my Dell D6000 dock (even with latest firmware, which originally resolved this issue) and the Displaylink 1.6 beta.

Fuuzy_Dunlop 12-17-2021 12:48 PM

Reposting my comment from another thread - I have a M1 Air M1, Dell D6000 and am running the 1.6 Beta and upgrading to 12.1 fixed the two issues I was having:
  • My Displaylink connected monitor is now consistently re-enabling when I wake the PC from sleep (running 1 USB-C to Displaylink monitor + Displaylink monitor from D6000). Prevsiouly it almost never worked without reconnecting the USB connection to the dock
  • Ethernet on my D6000 wouldn't work after waking from sleep and that seems to be fixed as well.

cristobalhdez 04-30-2022 07:49 PM

Validate firmware version from Mac

Hi all,
I would like to know if someone knows how to validate the dock's firmware version from Mac.
I have a Macbook M1 and the only issue that I have so far is that I need to unplug the dock on reboot, once the desktop is fully loaded I can plug the dock again.
I don't have a Windows laptop/pc right now, but I could borrow one from work if I need.
Just looking to see if that firmware update will fix the issue on reboots.
Thanks

HE911 05-04-2022 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristobalhdez (Post 93756)
Hi all,
I would like to know if someone knows how to validate the dock's firmware version from Mac.
I have a Macbook M1 and the only issue that I have so far is that I need to unplug the dock on reboot, once the desktop is fully loaded I can plug the dock again.
I don't have a Windows laptop/pc right now, but I could borrow one from work if I need.
Just looking to see if that firmware update will fix the issue on reboots.
Thanks

If you go to About This Mac > System Report...> USB> Dell Universal Dock D6000 and look at version. It seems to display for me Version: 31.59

cristobalhdez 05-04-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HE911 (Post 93769)
If you go to About This Mac > System Report...> USB> Dell Universal Dock D6000 and look at version. It seems to display for me Version: 31.59

Thank you so much.
My current version is: 30.00