DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   7.5M0 bug: breaks Miracast cloning mode and excessive drain on connected standby. (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62313)

BurningOrange 12-10-2013 06:34 PM

7.5M0 bug: breaks Miracast cloning mode and excessive drain on connected standby.

Although the 7.5M0 drivers are nice and fast on my Dell Venue 8 Pro, I just discovered a couple of bugs. With the drivers installed: miracasting to a wireless display does not work in cloning (mirroring) mode. All other modes work fine. There is also an excessive power drain during connected standby. The powercfg /sleepstudy says that it is due to the Intel Graphics not shutting down properly. Once I uninstall the Displaylink driver, everything returns to normal, Miracast cloning works and connected standby has a very low power drain.

Hope you will be able to resolve this, thanks.

JamesH 12-11-2013 12:05 PM

Hi,

The connected standby issue is being investigated.

Can you attach logs for the miracast issue? What make and model receiver are you using?

Thanks,
James

BurningOrange 12-12-2013 02:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am using the Netgear Push2TV PVT3000 adapter. The debug log is attached here. The Displaylink adapters were not connected when I took the log, only Miracast was operating in extended desktop mode.

Thanks for looking into this matter.

JamesH 12-12-2013 11:24 AM

Hi,

I'll try and reproduce this - can you please attach the logs with Miracast set to mirror?

Thanks,
James

BurningOrange 12-12-2013 04:02 PM

Well, that's the whole point. It doesn't go into mirror mode. I click on "Duplicate" in the charms and nothing happens. If I click on "Clone" via the Intel Graphics menu or options panel, nothing happens.

BurningOrange 12-16-2013 09:53 PM

Hi JamesH, have you managed to replicate the Miracast mirroring bug ?

JamesH 12-20-2013 12:32 PM

Hi,

Not yet on the system we have- I've raised this internally for further investigation.

Thanks,
James

BillATS 12-26-2013 03:46 PM

BurningOrange -
Was wondering if you could confirm, did clone mode work with 7.4 drivers and only recently broke with 7.5? I am experiencing the same problem, but I've only ever had the 7.5 update installed. If 7.4 worked with cloning and you were able to mirror screen, I was considering finding a way to go down to that.

JamesH 12-28-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningOrange (Post 72562)
Hi JamesH, have you managed to replicate the Miracast mirroring bug ?

Hi,

After a lot of faff, I've finally managed to get Miracast working (extend & clone) on the Belkin ScreenCast that I have. Will report back on how I get on with this and the Dell Venue 8 Pro next week.

Thanks,
James

BurningOrange 12-30-2013 07:59 PM

BillATS, that's a good point. No, I have not tried it with the 7.4 drivers, only with the 7.5M0 drivers. I'll give that a go.

JamesH: I'm looking forward to seeing what your results are. Miracast is probably not ready for prime-time yet, I find it a bit fussy about connecting 5.1audio, and it crashes the Wifi card upon disconnection. But I think that may be a Dell Venue 8 Pro problem because the crashes also happens with bluetooth too (nothing to do with Displaylink).