DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   OS X Mavericks Support? (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61731)

Everett 07-26-2013 11:59 PM

+1 for any updates on 2.1 beta. very interested in any status updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wim (Post 70156)
We're aiming to release a beta of v2.1 around the end of July which will have some fixes for 10.8 and early support for 10.9 Mavericks.

Wim

Wim 07-29-2013 01:22 PM

Hi Guys

Yep - We still want to get the beta for Mavericks out, but we now need to sign our kernel extension. We have submitted for this but it's been delayed by the fact the developer site has been down for the past week. It's now back up, but we're still waiting for a signed kernel extension.

Once we get this from Apple, we can add to the release and make it available for you guys.

Thanks

Wim

Ludacrisvp 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wim (Post 70494)
Hi Guys

Yep - We still want to get the beta for Mavericks out, but we now need to sign our kernel extension. We have submitted for this but it's been delayed by the fact the developer site has been down for the past week. It's now back up, but we're still waiting for a signed kernel extension.

Once we get this from Apple, we can add to the release and make it available for you guys.

Thanks

Wim

Thanks for the update.
I've been running with reduced capability for about the last week testing out Mavericks, while the machine was awake (displays off) over the weekend I noted that the display adapter went non-functional requiring a reboot to recover from. Today after working for a while (couple hours) it decided to just 'freeze' the display. I wasn't actively using it when it froze so not sure how long it was frozen for but it sure heated up the display link adapter quite a bit.
It is a DL-195 (HIS Multi-View II DVI and VGA compatible) for what its worth.
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product...#specification

MickM 08-12-2013 02:36 PM

I'm also waiting for this one - hoping for any day now. I have several issues with DisplayLink running under Mavericks

mentalengine 08-12-2013 03:47 PM

Any update on this?

Hoping this will be pushed soon. Windows gets all the love, would be nice to see an update schedule on par for the Mac

Wim 08-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mentalengine (Post 70723)
Hoping this will be pushed soon. Windows gets all the love, would be nice to see an update schedule on par for the Mac

We are giving Mac the love and want our support of Mac to be an "equal citizen" of Windows. However we are still waiting for certificates from Apple. It has been escalated and "it is being looked into".

We don't really want to make a release without the kext signed as it will be required for 10.9, and we will have to do another beta release shortly after when we have the signatures.

Thanks

Wim

sameerwahid 08-13-2013 12:32 PM

Hi Wim (and Carlo),

Thanks for the updates on the Mac driver situation!

Just to provide my feedback, I've had no problems in the past two months using my BVU-195 connected to a 1680x1050 display (rotated 90°). Motion on the display remains choppier than it did under 10.8, but I use it for reading so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Sadly, I don't have any tips or tricks for those with issues under 10.9 :-(, as everything "just worked" for me.

Cheers,
Sameer

jkirker 08-13-2013 04:04 PM

If it's a Beta release who cares if it's signed. Any developer knows how to bypass the unsigned and since we are getting it directly from the source we know it's trustable.

When you release the final version though I'd suggest signing it - but if you have something that we can test now, just put it up. We'll understand if we have to bypass the security.

Everett 08-13-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkirker (Post 70742)
If it's a Beta release who cares if it's signed. Any developer knows how to bypass the unsigned and since we are getting it directly from the source we know it's trustable.

Agreed. I have several customers eagerly awaiting this, at least 3-4 of them are savvy enough to totally understand signing issues if we can at least post a "alpha" download link to the forums it would be most helpful, even if it's not posted to the the "regular" drivers page.

Thanks in advance for considering...

MickM 08-14-2013 08:06 PM

Not sure if it'll do any good, but I'm also in favor of an alpha release. Given how long it's taking Apple to fix all the 10.9 bugs I figured you'd be interested in us maximizing the amount of testing and the giving Apple the maximum amount of time to fix things before they cut bait and just release 10.9 to meet their deadlines. Seriously, I'd reckon you have more to gain than lose by letting Mavericks beta-testers try to improve your product...