DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The 10.13: High Sierra Thread (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65351)

7rendar 10-13-2017 09:34 AM

freeze when lock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kb1451 (Post 84281)
MacOS Version: 10.13 (17A365)
Computer Make and Build Year: 2015 Mac Book Pro 2015 A1398
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Displaylink Device: Toshiba dynadock® U3.0 PA3927U-1PRP
What You Are Experiencing: When I try to lock my MacBook it keeps crashing. Sometimes trying to lock sometimes after its locked. This issue does not happen when I am disconnect from the dock.

I have the same issue.

MacOS Version: macOS 10.13 (17A405)
Computer Make and Build Year: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Displaylink Device: Targus ACP70EU
What You Are Experiencing: Macbook keeps crashing after I lock computer. Lock and unlock without dock connected fixes the issue until next reboot.

JimLondon1 10-16-2017 11:06 AM

USB 3.0 to VGA Blank Screens

2 Attachment(s)
I am running 2 x VGA displays via USB-C-to-VGA and HDMI-to-VGA adaptors from a late 2012 Mac Mini on High Sierra. I am trying to run a 3rd VGA display via a DisplayLink USB 3-to-VGA adaptor. The driver was initially blocked by security but I clicked allow. It is recognised in the System Hardware list - screen grab attached. Also attached, a Verbose report using your Support Tool.

The screens are being shared with other computers via an Adder KVM switch but I've tried adding the 3rd monitor/DisplayLink adaptor directly to a stand alone VGA monitor with the same result. All screens are fairly ancient 17in Dell IXODs

Connecting the adapter alone causes no change. Attaching the display to the adaptor causes the other two screens to go dark and the system to be completely unresponsive, after which a forced shutdown is needed. Hence, the report was created with only the adaptor attached.

Volltage 10-19-2017 12:31 PM

Same problem here.

rmc2000 10-20-2017 02:39 PM

I am experiencing a similar problem; you are not alone. For 2 years I have run 2 DisplayLink adaptors each driving a display without major issues while connected to a 27" iMac 5k. The machine is also connected to two external displays driven directly by the iMac. After updating to 10.13, evening running the latest driver, the machine is experiencing similar issues.

If I connect either of the two adaptors I regularly use, the iMac's built-in display and the additional two displays being driven by DisplayPort from the built-in ThunderBolt ports immediately blank. As soon as zero adaptors are connected, the built-in display and Display Port driven displays come back to life, but are at the login screen. If I log in and plug either device back into any USB port, immediate blank screens and back to the login screen once disconnecting the device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimLondon1 (Post 84437)
I am running 2 x VGA displays via USB-C-to-VGA and HDMI-to-VGA adaptors from a late 2012 Mac Mini on High Sierra. I am trying to run a 3rd VGA display via a DisplayLink USB 3-to-VGA adaptor. The driver was initially blocked by security but I clicked allow. It is recognised in the System Hardware list - screen grab attached. Also attached, a Verbose report using your Support Tool.

The screens are being shared with other computers via an Adder KVM switch but I've tried adding the 3rd monitor/DisplayLink adaptor directly to a stand alone VGA monitor with the same result. All screens are fairly ancient 17in Dell IXODs

Connecting the adapter alone causes no change. Attaching the display to the adaptor causes the other two screens to go dark and the system to be completely unresponsive, after which a forced shutdown is needed. Hence, the report was created with only the adaptor attached.

Carlo 10-23-2017 03:11 PM

Hi,

In case of log out when connecting displays, your system may be mirroring. This is not yet supported in High Sierra.
In some cases (for example VGA screens or projectors) this is the default behaviour so there is no workaround yet.

However in many cases it's possible to remove a saved layout by following the instructions in http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ticles/1812676

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Carlo

rmc2000 10-23-2017 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Carlo and thank you for the script.

On rebooting, the two displays connected via USB did display an image for about 2 seconds. Then all displays went black. On disconnecting all USB displays, I was again presented with the login screen. Since the display preferences had been reset, all three displays driven directly by the iMac were now mirrored. On turning mirroring off and plugging the USB displays in, again all displays immediately blanked and will not return until the USB displays are disconnected.

An interesting artifact or side effect since running the script: the time and date in the menu bar are corrupt. They were not prior to running the script. I am not sure one has anything to do with the other, but felt it was worth mention in case there is a connection. To better explain this corruption, I've attached an image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 84491)
Hi,

In case of log out when connecting displays, your system may be mirroring. This is not yet supported in High Sierra.
In some cases (for example VGA screens or projectors) this is the default behaviour so there is no workaround yet.

However in many cases it's possible to remove a saved layout by following the instructions in http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ticles/1812676

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Carlo

jdunk54nl 10-24-2017 11:58 PM

Computer Make and Build Year: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) 2.9 core i7, 16gb memory
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.0.0
Displaylink Device: HP 3005pr
What You Are Experiencing:

The graphics cards on the displaylink displays will not switch to the radeon 560 card from the intel card no matter the energy saving settings for auto switching. The built in display will switch to the radeon card but the displaylinks will stay on the intel card and the computer will try to use both cards.

This creates issues when I try to open a program that needs to use the radeon card like adobe premiere. It causes these high graphics demand programs to crash or freeze.

I have tried reinstalling a few times. It worked great on sierra and would switch appropriately. I tested this on another identical computer running sierra and the graphics card would switch for all displays when it switched.

Any thoughts? I did not get any message to enable anything in the security dialog preferences.

Carlo 10-26-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl (Post 84506)
Computer Make and Build Year: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) 2.9 core i7, 16gb memory
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.0.0
Displaylink Device: HP 3005pr
What You Are Experiencing:

The graphics cards on the displaylink displays will not switch to the radeon 560 card from the intel card no matter the energy saving settings for auto switching. The built in display will switch to the radeon card but the displaylinks will stay on the intel card and the computer will try to use both cards.

This creates issues when I try to open a program that needs to use the radeon card like adobe premiere. It causes these high graphics demand programs to crash or freeze.

I have tried reinstalling a few times. It worked great on sierra and would switch appropriately. I tested this on another identical computer running sierra and the graphics card would switch for all displays when it switched.

Any thoughts? I did not get any message to enable anything in the security dialog preferences.

This is an interesting issue. Point is, with High Sierra Apple has introduced support for eGPUs. This means that applications will have to handle multiple concurrent GPUs very soon.
I'd expect professional grade apps to do that sometime next year: even Adobe has now quicker release cycles.

Apple has actually stated that full eGPU support should arrive this coming Spring. In DisplayLink we're looking forwards to this as there are some quirks at the moment while mixing GPUs (or not mixing them as in the case of the mirror issue).
For this reason GPU switching is not a feature of our drivers at the moment. We'll continue looking at it as the operating system evolves and the early multiple GPU issues are hopefully resolved.

Kind regards,
Carlo

JimLondon1 10-26-2017 01:40 PM

USB 3.0 to VGA Blank Screens

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I'm using the CSV-2604 via a DVI-to-VGA adapter and a standard VGA cable to an old Dell XIOD monitor at 1280x1024 (two of which are happily being driven by the HDMI and USB-C outputs already). I followed you instructions re uninstalling and reinstalling and also for running the script but all to no avail. Connecting only the DVI-to-VGA adaptor is sufficient to plunge all screens into darkness. As other have said, disconnecting the 2604 brings the screens back but to the log in screen.

While we await an Apple fix are there any other products you offer that would allow me to get a 3rd/4th screen from my Mac Mini?

Best,
Jim

jdunk54nl 10-26-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 84509)
This is an interesting issue. Point is, with High Sierra Apple has introduced support for eGPUs. This means that applications will have to handle multiple concurrent GPUs very soon.
I'd expect professional grade apps to do that sometime next year: even Adobe has now quicker release cycles.

Apple has actually stated that full eGPU support should arrive this coming Spring. In DisplayLink we're looking forwards to this as there are some quirks at the moment while mixing GPUs (or not mixing them as in the case of the mirror issue).
For this reason GPU switching is not a feature of our drivers at the moment. We'll continue looking at it as the operating system evolves and the early multiple GPU issues are hopefully resolved.

Kind regards,
Carlo

I couldn't get it to work by making the external the main display. Same issue, adobe premiere will try to open and then crash. Unplug the displaylink and it works great. Plug in a different identical mac only sierra and works great.

Is there a way you can tie the displalink to the radeon card (or the higher graphics card) so that when it is plugged in it will only use that card instead of the intel integrated card? I am assuming most people that plug into a displaylink do not care about power consumption at that point as they are plugged into power too.

Do you have a timeline of when this will be sorted out? If it isn't soon I think I am going to revert back to sierra.

jnl 10-27-2017 07:15 PM

All screens go blank once USB-DVI plugged in

Add me to the list of High Sierra users with the same or similar problem.Before High Sierra all was fine for a year or two with 4 screens counting the DVI-USB one. Now problems since I began running High Sierra on 21.5 inch iMac. Before High Sierra and I had 4 screens working. In addition to the USB3-DVI screen, the other 3 working screens were the built-in iMac had one connected by HDMI from my Thunderbolt extender and another screen connected by Thunderbolt from the iMac itself. I was able to install newest 4.0.0 extension (85514) without security problem. When the USB-DVI adapter is plugged in all 4 screens are blank, and when I unplug the adapter, then the other 3 screens are working again.

Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Last Modified: 10/27/17, 11:39 AM
Bundle ID: com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 4.0.0 (85514) - Copyright © 2003 - 2017 DisplayLink (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Load Address: 18446743521819300000
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DisplayLink Corp (73YQY62QM3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

I am experiencing a similar problem; you are not alone. For 2 years I have run 2 DisplayLink adaptors each driving a display without major issues while connected to a 27" iMac 5k. The machine is also connected to two external displays driven directly by the iMac. After updating to 10.13, evening running the latest driver, the machine is experiencing similar issues.

If I connect either of the two adaptors I regularly use, the iMac's built-in display and the additional two displays being driven by DisplayPort from the built-in ThunderBolt ports immediately blank. As soon as zero adaptors are connected, the built-in display and Display Port driven displays come back to life, but are at the login screen. If I log in and plug either device back into any USB port, immediate blank screens and back to the login screen once disconnecting the device.[/QUOTE]

Johan 11-09-2017 06:41 AM

I also have the exact same problem.

I have been running 4 external screens and my macbook pro late 2016 internal screen without issue and am using two displayport screens and two displaylink adapters. Everything is connected through a belkin thunderbolt 3 dock.

Now I updated to high sierra 10.13.1, and when I plug in all the display link adapters all screens go black.

However. If I plug in my two 4k 60p displayport screens and no displaylink screens, then it works as it should. Also if I only plug in the displaylink screens, but not the displayport screens it also works as it should. It seems to be the combination of two external displayport screens together with two displaylink screens. No matter if its though the belkin dock or usb c adapters.

Displaylink adapter 1 info:
USB3.0 UHD DisplayPort Adapter:

Product ID: 0x4301
Vendor ID: 0x17e9 (DisplayLink (UK) Ltd.)
Version: 35.80
Serial Number: 000100160348300
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
Location ID: 0x02620000 / 7
Current Available (mA): 900
Current Required (mA): 504
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Displaylink adapter 2 info:

Serial Number: 000100160348266
Location ID: 0x02500000 / 2

I am using displaylink 4.0.0 drivers.

Edit: Extra info
If I run two displayport monitors and connect 1 displaylink monitor all screens also go black.

If I run two display link monitors and 1 displayport monitor I get this situation where one displaylink is kind of ok, the other not ok, displayport screen and the internal screen black.
Mouse can be moved.

howardpo 11-13-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 83793)
Hi,

If you are logged out when connecting the DisplayLink screen(s) then you've likely hit a macOS bug that is triggered by mirroring screens. It's probably the same issue it's currently happening with the eGPU kit.

On some systems mirror may be already set for the external screens so every time they are plugged in you'll automatically hit this issue.
A possible workaround is to delete all persistence information, so at the next plug in a default extended state can be chosen by macOS.

This is how to delete persistence information from Terminal. Please note that the following commands if entered incorrectly may delete any file on your system:

To clean user preferences:

rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.*.plist

To clean global persistence:

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

After a reboot the display settings will reset to default, which should be extending to the right and not mirroring.

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo,

Many Thanks for the hints about mirroring! This was the last piece of the puzzle in order to get my DisplayLink adapter working once again after I upgraded to High-Sierra.

Howard

Averell 11-13-2017 11:21 PM

MacOS Version: 10.13.2
Computer Make and Build Year: MacbookPro 2017 13"
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.0
Displaylink Device: Dell D3100
What You Are Experiencing: Samsung SyncMaster SA450 was detected as SMS22A450, and only have max resolution of 1680x1050
What is Expected: Monitor model should be identified correctly, and 1920x1200 is supported.

vallica 11-14-2017 01:04 PM

Hi,

I just bought a Ugreen USB 2.0 to VGA adapter for my iMac 27 2010 running on High Sierra.

I have installed DisplayLink Installer 85514.dmg drivers but the display is broken into the finder, please have a look at this screenshot :

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/78...laylinkbug.png

Thanks a lot for your help, have a nice day.

Carlo 11-14-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallica (Post 84678)
Hi,

I just bought a Ugreen USB 2.0 to VGA adapter for my iMac 27 2010 running on High Sierra.

I have installed DisplayLink Installer 85514.dmg drivers but the display is broken into the finder, please have a look at this screenshot :

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/78...laylinkbug.png

Thanks a lot for your help, have a nice day.

Hi,

Unfortunately this issue is expected on any systems not supporting Metal. This is due to a limitation in macOS.
Metal-compatible systems use the new Window Server that avoids this issue.

Carlo

vallica 11-14-2017 03:48 PM

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your reply, so this is a software bug that I will encounter with all adapter using the displaylink chipset ?

wa2flq 11-20-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 84681)
Hi,

Unfortunately this issue is expected on any systems not supporting Metal. This is due to a limitation in macOS.
Metal-compatible systems use the new Window Server that avoids this issue.

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

So for those of us with Mac's without Metal or Metal 2 support our USB DisplayLink Adapters will see some display artifacts, correct?

Do any impair the functionality of the display/cause panics or are they for the most part cosmetic in nature?

Carlo 11-21-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa2flq (Post 84712)
Hi Carlo,

So for those of us with Mac's without Metal or Metal 2 support our USB DisplayLink Adapters will see some display artifacts, correct?

Do any impair the functionality of the display/cause panics or are they for the most part cosmetic in nature?

Most remaining issues are cosmetic, we keep an updated list of the most important issues here: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/949426

I hope you'll appreciate the effort of transparency here: I'm not aware of any other product suffering from the same issues coming clean about these compatibility problems.

Eh.

Regards
Carlo

Johan 11-23-2017 01:06 PM

@Carlo

Hi! Any news on why screens go black when using display port screens together with displaylink screens?

Its super frustrating to be back on only two external screens after the upgrade to High Sierra.

Johan 11-24-2017 09:26 AM

Turns out my black screen issues were the cause of mirroring as well. I did not think it was the issue since this setup was without mirroring before upgrading to high sierra, but it seems my display settings where reset during the upgrade and for some reason, osx defaults to mirroring.

Trouble was that my mouse cursor got locked when I logged in (after getting kicked out), so I couldent deactivate the mirroring even with system settings open. Tab just took me to the search input field.

I solved it by finding the shortcut for toggling mirroring, which was cmd+"screen brightness down". For newer macbook pros, expand control strip and its to the far left.

After that all screens came alive. Puh!

wa2flq 11-25-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 84714)
Most remaining issues are cosmetic, we keep an updated list of the most important issues here: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/949426

I hope you'll appreciate the effort of transparency here: I'm not aware of any other product suffering from the same issues coming clean about these compatibility problems.

Eh.

Regards
Carlo

Definitely appreciated. I have seen a few of these cosmetic issues, but the speed and stability of the product otherwise has been very good!

rbryant76 11-27-2017 01:50 PM

Anyone having issues with Apple Watch not unlocking the system anymore?

When I have the device plugged in and drivers installed, Apple Watch can't unlock the Mac anymore.

Removing the device and installing drivers - Apple Watch unlocks fine....

Carlo 11-28-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryant76 (Post 84741)
Anyone having issues with Apple Watch not unlocking the system anymore?

When I have the device plugged in and drivers installed, Apple Watch can't unlock the Mac anymore.

Removing the device and installing drivers - Apple Watch unlocks fine....

Hi,

We haven't tried this directly, but what we know is that as soon as a virtual screen is connected to the graphics subsystem, macOS disables content protection from ALL screens.
This may include information potentially accessible through the Apple Watch security, it would make sense.

We have contacted Apple and this is apparently as designed. This in our opinion unnecessary: the internal screens support content protection and should be kept running as usual. We are also disappointed of course since we do support HDCP in our products and there is no way for us in macOS to offer content protection capabilities...

Anyhow, I'd suggest to open a bug with Apple about this issue: the more tickets, the higher the chances of changing the OS behaviour.

Regards
Carlo

paultzirides 11-29-2017 06:07 PM

Bug report submitted

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I agree that it should still allow for watch unlock and HDCP-protected content playback on supported screens.,

Johan 11-30-2017 05:03 AM

So I finally got my screens working, but now Im getting logged out everytime I pull the plug on my external screens, when going to meetings with my computer etc. And sometimes when I get back to my desk as well. Everything I was working non gets reset, like connections to vpn, ongoing builds, vnc connections, my virtual machines get super crashed etc.

Really frustrating. Only happens when using the display link screens.

Any progress on this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan (Post 84619)

Displaylink adapter 1 info:

Serial Number: 000100160348300
Location ID: 0x02620000 / 7

Displaylink adapter 2 info:

Serial Number: 000100160348266
Location ID: 0x02500000 / 2

I am using displaylink 4.0.0 drivers.

Carlo 11-30-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan (Post 84758)
So I finally got my screens working, but now Im getting logged out everytime I pull the plug on my external screens, when going to meetings with my computer etc. And sometimes when I get back to my desk as well. Everything I was working non gets reset, like connections to vpn, ongoing builds, vnc connections, my virtual machines get super crashed etc.

Really frustrating. Only happens when using the display link screens.

Any progress on this issue?

We're trying to find mitigations. If you haven't done so already, please raise a bug through Apple support or bugreporter.apple.com.

Our bug about these crashes is ID 33650324, Apple's bug is ID 26394372.

Best regards,
Carlo

maxisan 12-01-2017 08:41 AM

My issue is, that i cannot unlock my MacBook Pro with my Apple Watch when i'm connected to my CableMatters USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter in Black or White Video Adapter.

I'm working with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, my Apple Watch Series 3, my Henge Dock and 3 DELL monitors.

1 monitor is directly connected via HDMI, 1 through mini displayport and 1 through my CableMatters USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter in Black or White Video Adapter (SKU 103046 with latest DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for OS X and macOS 4.0.0 drivers).

My system works great but i can't unlock my MacBook with my Apple Watch if it's docked to all monitors.
When i disconnect the CableMatters Video Adapter, everything works fine and i can unlock my MacBook with my Apple Watch.
Without the monitors and undocked, the unlocking works perfect.

I think the problem is the CableMatters Video Adapter. But it works fine with macOS Sierra! After i upgraded to macOS Hight Sierra, the problem appeared.

Some other people have got the same issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7679903

paultzirides 12-06-2017 02:34 AM

I think the issue is related to the way Apple is handling secure/protected content when a DL display is connected. It appears that they prevent any secure content from passing to the workstation (HDCP-enabled content, Apple Watch unlock, Apple Pay authorizations, etc.). I seem to recall reading somewhere that this is something that Apple is aware of and is going to be making adjustments to, I just don't know the timeline.

I'm in the same boat. It's frustrating to have to type my (very long) password every time I need to unlock while docked, but I'm adopting a patient approach, since things have been slowly getting better, I'm going to remain hopeful.

webtrout 12-10-2017 03:36 PM

Late to the game here as my org asked us to hold on High Sierra until they could sort out some of the related bugs. Updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 while at the home office last week knowing some have had HS installs go awry.

Upon returning to home office and plugging in the USB it was a no go for my two external monitors - both blank but could mouse into them and it even appeared that I could move move app screens to the monitors but not seeing anything on either. Tested each monitor individually without the adapter in the mix to see if there was problem between HS and the monitors - both monitors worked no problem.

Downloaded the newest version of DisplayLink, loaded it up and still the same problem. Uninstalled DisplayLink, then reloaded the driver and boom I got two externals that I could now see backgrounds for (read not dark). I have been able to extend the displays but have not been able to extend and mirror my MacBook Air to what I use as the primary monitor - upon attempting it flashes, asks me to log into the MBA again but upon logging in all things are the same. Workaround for me is to make one of the external monitors the owner of the menu bar for ease of viewing and use. At this point all is well just which the extend and mirror would work - change is hard :).

Any insights as we progress forward are much appreciated.

Computer make: MacBook Air Early 2015
DisplayLink Device: Lenova ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock Model Number DU9019D1

Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Last Modified: 12/9/17, 9:35 PM
Bundle ID: com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 4.0.0 (85514) - Copyright © 2003 - 2017 DisplayLink (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 4.0.0 (85514)
Load Address: 18446743521823900000
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DisplayLink Corp (73YQY62QM3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

paultzirides 12-11-2017 03:09 PM

Turn off mirroring

Try turning off mirroring, extending the desktop to all displays, and making sure "Displays have separate spaces" is enabled (under "Mission Control" settings in System Preferences).

MojoRein 02-19-2018 10:04 AM

Dynadoc 3.0 stopped working with High Sierra

I finally upgraded to High Sierra a few days ago and the Dynadock stopped working. No worries I downloaded the drivers and installed them and back up and working perfectly no issues.

Fast forward to today and suddenly my 2 external HP displays were both solid green. I then restarted my Macbook Air 2013 and now the screens won't even light up. Sound etc is still running through the dock.

I have tired unplugging it all and restarting several times. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it twice, still the screens don't even power up, they simply are in the dormant "nothing connected" mode.

I have run the Displaylink diagnostic tool and have the results available.

Help!!! :)

Carlo 02-20-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoRein (Post 85317)
I finally upgraded to High Sierra a few days ago and the Dynadock stopped working. No worries I downloaded the drivers and installed them and back up and working perfectly no issues.

Fast forward to today and suddenly my 2 external HP displays were both solid green. I then restarted my Macbook Air 2013 and now the screens won't even light up. Sound etc is still running through the dock.

I have tired unplugging it all and restarting several times. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it twice, still the screens don't even power up, they simply are in the dormant "nothing connected" mode.

I have run the Displaylink diagnostic tool and have the results available.

Help!!! :)

You must be using the 10.13.4 beta right now. There is no solution yet. We have another thread for this here: https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65890

Carlo

PhantomRider78 03-04-2018 01:24 PM

Any update on this? I am tired of staring at 2 monitors that i cannot use. I am searching for my box to ship my dock back and avoid anything to do with display link software in the future.

rafikibob 03-10-2018 06:44 PM

Me too

Me too with the display being detected, black, and only seeing the mouse pointer.

MacOS Version 10.13.3
MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch Early 2015
Displaylink Driver Version 4.1.11
Displaylink Device StarTech USB32VGAES
What You Are Experiencing: Detected, working, but only for mouse pointer
What is Expected: Showing windows etc

I use 4 displays. Internal Retina, 1 HDMI, 1 TB, and the displaylink. All worked fine under Sierra (except for some artifacts in Outlook 2016 on the DL display).
I have a colleague with a very similar setup (same HW, same OS build, also startech). His works perfectly. This may help diagnose

I've tried:
  • resetting display preferences
  • uninstall and reinstall of driver
  • manual sniff about and uninstall of remnants (didn't find any)
  • separate spaces for each screen
  • disabling mirroring etc

Trying next:
  • praying
  • sacrificing chickens
  • sucking it up princess

electricladee 03-12-2018 07:40 PM

MacOS Version: 10.13.3 (17D102)
Computer Make and Build Year: MacBook Pro (13", 2017, 4 Thunderbolt, 3 Ports)
Displaylink Driver Version: 4.1
Displaylink Device: Asus MB169B+
What You Are Experiencing: Cannot get display driver to work
What is Expected: To get it to load and work

Just received the Asus monitor today.

I have followed the instructions to a "T". The first time I tried to install, I got the prompt to go to Security & Privacy to allow the extension. I didn't even press the "Allow" button when the driver finished, and reported that the Installation was successful. I have uninstalled then reinstalled many times, and allowing at least 20 mins in between to allow the timer to reset. The proper reboots have been done at every step. I believe that the issue is that the extension wasn't properly installed (not allowed properly) but I cannot get prompted again to allow it.

I really need for this monitor to work - any help is appreciated!

Update 03/16/18: Please disregard this post. I returned the Asus monitor, and have replaced it with a plug and play which works beautifully. Your "support" (and I use the term loosely) is non-existent and will avoid any product supported by DisplayLink going forward.

AAJ64 03-21-2018 11:44 AM

What are you using now?

What plug and play are you using? I'm in the same situation. Purchased a brand new ASUS that will not work.

Rope 03-22-2018 03:15 PM

DisplayLink driver not working

We have issue with HP USB-C UNIVERSAL DOCK, display link driver do not work at all, so do not get any video on screens on MacOS 10.13.3 or 10.13.14 betas.

Tested on multiple machines

Is there any solution for this issue?

Poly 03-22-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rope (Post 85527)
We have issue with HP USB-C UNIVERSAL DOCK, display link driver do not work at all, so do not get any video on screens on MacOS 10.13.3 or 10.13.14 betas.

Tested on multiple machines

Is there any solution for this issue?

I believe the chipset is too new and hasn't been implemented in Dec. 2017 drivers. It supports 4K and uses a more efficient compression.

The alternative would be the previous model: HP Elite USB-C G2 (X7W54AA). I'm currently using it on 10.13.3.

Rope 03-23-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poly (Post 85528)
I believe the chipset is too new and hasn't been implemented in Dec. 2017 drivers. It supports 4K and uses a more efficient compression.

The alternative would be the previous model: HP Elite USB-C G2 (X7W54AA). I'm currently using it on 10.13.3.

Thanks for response, will try to test any other model :)

But it like a charm on on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6..