DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Yosemite, no way? (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63199)

displaylinker 07-25-2014 07:07 AM

Yosemite, no way?

The beta just came out today, so tempted to install it. But seeing how DisplayLink doesn't even work properly on 10.9.4 would this just totally break it? Any brave souls tried it yet? :cool:

mentalengine 07-25-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displaylinker (Post 75060)
The beta just came out today, so tempted to install it. But seeing how DisplayLink doesn't even work properly on 10.9.4 would this just totally break it? Any brave souls tried it yet? :cool:

It works pretty decent for a single monitor. With the developer preview 4 anyway , which I am assuming is the same build that went to the public beta. There are some issues where it will not display the alpha and transparencies for the dock and top status, it makes them solid color. But it is usable. Not sure if more than one display link will work given that it is buggy as hell on all other mac os releases.

Best,

d:

paultzirides 07-29-2014 12:18 AM

Usable, but not ideal

Can verify that a single display does work, but, as previous poster advised, does not display transparencies properly. Corners of windows are also not displayed properly.

Maps, surprisingly (an app that had lots of problems previously), displays far better.

Still testing.

dontheman 07-29-2014 11:20 PM

Yosemite

I have been using Yosemite for a couple weeks now with 3 monitors (one on thunderbolt, 2 with DisplayLinks). I had been using 4 monitors before Mavericks but I could not get the 4th to power when Mavericks came out and have not tried to run the 4th with Yosemite. The monitors work the same as it did on Mavericks for me. Not great, but I get a long. Need to reorientate the monitors every time I unplug or restart my MacBook Pro, thats the most annoying part.

jb510 07-30-2014 02:54 AM

Similar experiences.

DL 2.1 worked about the same on 10.9 and 10.10 for me. Single USB monitor worked, dragging could be slow, but otherwise fine for my usage.

I just learned of installed 2.2 so no idea what that'll change on 10.10.

Unrelated but FYI the first 10.10 public beta (just installed it on my production machine) isn't much more stable than DP 4 was on my non-production machine. Things periodically slow to a crawl and require a reboot. I think it's a network file access loop.

Most software runs fine on 10.10, VM Ware Fusion being the only notable exception I've encountered. I used to have beta access to VM Ware products, but don't any more, I'm guessing they have a VM Ware Fusion release out there that works with 10.10, I just don't care having moved mostly to Virtual Box/Vagrant/Docker.

twokansamm 07-31-2014 03:00 PM

I get a black bar at the top, and the dock is overly white. I'm on the 2.2 driver.

manningn884 08-01-2014 03:38 PM

I'm running 10.10 and echo the comments above. It's usable with the 2.2 driver, but I get request slow downs in performance, artefacts on the display and problems with the dock/transparency/etc.

I'm running 2 additional displays - one on Thunderbolt and another from USB.

Don't have any issues with orientation or power. I was happy with 2.2 on Mavericks and I think that Yosemite is close-isn to where it needs to be for my needs.

ems196 08-02-2014 01:25 PM

Working pretty well

I've been running the new release of Yosemite (OS X 10.10 (14A299l)) for a few days now. The only problem I'm having is that the DL-connected monitor's menu bar gets pretty fuzzy when it is the active display. (It's fine when it is not the active display.) Otherwise everything seems to work normally.

I'm using 2.2 and did an upgrade from Mavericks. Didn't mess with the driver (e.g., uninstall/reinstall).

I'm running the built-in display, an external Thunderbolt display and a DL-connected display with a StarTech USB32DVIPRO adapter on my Fall 2011 MB Air.

Carlo 08-15-2014 09:32 AM

The main new issues for us are:
- A general slowness in some setups (but MUCH better than DP1/DP2)
- The black menu bar
- New in DP5, Chrome flashing white with some websites (even with one screen)

One issue fixed:
- Dock corruption

The main Mavericks issues remain. Not ideal.

Cheers,
Carlo

zappcatt 08-19-2014 08:41 PM

I did not have any luck when I tried.

I use multiple web browsers across my laptop, displayport monitor and the Displaylink.

I had my displaylink monitor totally corrupted when trying to use the newest drivers on the Preview version of Yosemite.

EDIT: I am not sure if it was the update to Version 2 of the beta, or the move to run Yosemite off a built in hard drive instead of from a USB drive, but the monitor is back to performing as well as it did in Mavericks now.