DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Issue with MacBook 2018 models with 10.14 Mojave (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66307)

AlbanRampon 10-29-2018 03:04 PM

We don't know of a way for users to correct the OS themselves.
We keep on pushing and we're not certain what the hold up is on at this stage.

yowzadave 10-29-2018 05:07 PM

Alban, when you say "We keep on pushing and we're not certain what the hold up is", what does that mean exactly? Is there some non-DisplayLink party that is keeping updates from being pushed? Anyhow, eager for the fix whenever it is ready! Thanks

michaelOz 10-29-2018 11:10 PM

Mojave

Hi Alban

Thanks for keeping us updated. I upgraded to Mojave as workaround to try to get past the issues with v.10 - only to find that there are issues with Mojave. At least I now get a picture on my multiple screens and not just a black screen we have made some progress.

Hopefully the significant amount of interest in rectifying the issue with DisplayLink and MacBook will see the team prioritise its rectification.

Appreciate the work that you and the broader team are putting into this.

Thanks!

ericpark 10-30-2018 02:19 AM

Youtube does not play

Hello,

I am also using MBP 2018 with mojave.
Have you had any issue playing youtube?
When I play youtube without connection of Displaylink, it works well.
However, whenever I connect it to my MBP, it keeps showing loading signal, but never played.

Please check this issue as well.

Thanks,

akprasad 10-30-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpark (Post 87005)
Hello,

I am also using MBP 2018 with mojave.
Have you had any issue playing youtube?
When I play youtube without connection of Displaylink, it works well.
However, whenever I connect it to my MBP, it keeps showing loading signal, but never played.

Please check this issue as well.

Thanks,

I have this identical issue when using 4.3b6 Airplay solution.

Issue is not just on YouTube, but on any embedded video such as Bloomberg etc.

wolfskin 10-30-2018 06:37 PM

just installed Mac OSX 10.14.1 and installed the Displaylink existing drivers 5.something on a MacBook pro 15 inch 2018. Still the same issues; black cursor only on external screens.

so people; do not get your hopes up on a this OSX software update alone ... I still hope that DisplayLink releases a update in the next 24 hours that fixes the issue on 10.14.1

Wozzy 10-30-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfskin (Post 87011)
just installed Mac OSX 10.14.1 and installed the Displaylink existing drivers 5.something on a MacBook pro 15 inch 2018. Still the same issues; black cursor only on external screens.

so people; do not get your hopes up on a this OSX software update alone ... I still hope that DisplayLink releases a update in the next 24 hours that fixes the issue on 10.14.1

Thanks for letting us know.

We really need a fix for this on the 2018 MBP and what about the new MacBook Air DisplayLink? Will that also have the same issue?

Wozzy 10-30-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaywhy (Post 86969)
any chance you have a beta release we could test here?

we have about 25+ users unable to dock and we are also unable to upgrade users from Sierra because of all this mess.

thanks!

Same here but much bigger numbers, around 350 users still on Sierra due to how bad High Sierra has been with DisplayLink. Those users who are on High Sierra are either stuck on 10.3.3 or just having to suck it up that they can't use DL as its awful via AirPlay.

Also getting lots of new 2018 MacBooks that still can't use DL on Mojave!

scorch968 10-30-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 86968)
We have escalated again this week asking for them to distribute the fix. A regression might have been found during the validation from their side.

The "them"...is that Apple your talking about?

Grx 10-31-2018 08:58 AM

Can confirm that the latest macbook update did not solve the DL display issue.
Currently on 10.14.1, and the displays still show a black screen with cursor only.

I really hope that it will be fixed soon, as I now have a DL "workstation" that's pretty much useless without the monitors working.