DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   D1000 - Games don't use the good graphic card (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66601)

schubby 05-07-2019 05:01 PM

D1000 - Games don't use the good graphic card

Hello,

I have my screen pluged with a DisplayPort on my D1000 and my D1000 pluged on my laptop with USB cable.

When I do that, all my games are launch on my internat chipset and not my Nvidia card.

If I plug my screen directly on my laptop (still with DisplayPort) on my laptop, i have no problem.

I tried to disable my internal graphic chipset (was a bad idea :p )
I tried to force my laptop to use my grapic card for my games (it doesn't care :/ )
I tried to change my graphic card in my game settings but my graphic card is not in the list (I can choose it if i plus directly my screen to my laptop)

i don't have anymore idea :(

anybody can help me ?

Nicolas

AlbanRampon 05-15-2019 04:14 PM

Hello Schubby,

Which version of Windows 10 are you running?
Windows 10 v1903, also referred to as April 2019 update or codename 19H1 is supposed to have a fix around that I would like to get your feedback on.
Furthermore, on your current version, can you try selecting the laptop display as main display to see if your menu gets populated?
I would like to understand if your use case is new or covered by latest fixes.

Kind regards,
Alban

schubby 05-19-2019 03:28 PM

Hello,

Thank you :) i set my laptop screen on main screen and now i don't have the problem anymore :)

I just need top found a soft which will permit me to choose my monitor when i am in full screen

AlbanRampon 05-21-2019 04:54 PM

Hello,

I'm glad this workaround was useful.

Do you generally use the last version of Windows 10?
If so, when the new version starts being rolled out, this would be solved without additional software.

Kind regards,
Alban

schubby 05-25-2019 08:17 PM

Yes i always update my Windows at the last version available.

For me it's v.1809 I am in France. It might be the reason why i don't have the 1903 version as you talked about

EDIT : I installed the 1903 version of windows. When i choose my other screen as primary screen, i can't launch any game.
Your first solution is still working but it's just a hook

AlbanRampon 05-30-2019 08:20 AM

Bonjour Nicolas,

Can you precise the edit, please? Feel free to write in French if you are more comfortable with that, I am native French speaker.
1. When it doesn't work at all, which display is primary? Docking station or laptop?
2. When it doesn't work at all, which graphics card is selected for the game?

There's a new active case with Microsoft this will be useful contribution to.

Kind regards,
Alban

Ref 30112/29342

schubby 05-31-2019 05:43 PM

Hello,

My English is not perfect but I hope this post can help other people ;) So it doesn't bother me

1 - I have 2 screens, laptop and DELL (so docking station). Since the 1903 version, If i choose the DELL screen as primary screen, I can't launch any game from Steam, Epic games, Uplay, ... each launcher crash

2 - So i can't really know wich graphic card is active

thanks for helping me

Nicolas

AlbanRampon 06-05-2019 01:37 PM

Merci Nicolas,

I can confirm we've reopened the discussion with Microsoft on this and are working with them to get that addressed. Your description was useful to explain this took place in wider cases than previously understood.

Kind regards,
Alban

schubby 06-06-2019 06:59 PM

Thank you :)

Have you an idea for when this issue can be fixed ? or will you answer here when it will ok ?

AlbanRampon 06-07-2019 10:40 AM

Bonjour,
I don't have a date at this stage.
I will comment when I do.
This time, I'd like my testers to look at the result. Would you have the name of one game you tried and how you got them (direct, Steam...)?
Kind regards,
Alban