DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Monitor flashing - unable to resolve (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66266)

dcieslak 09-14-2018 04:48 PM

Monitor flashing - unable to resolve

1 Attachment(s)
I've been using the Plugable USB 3.0 Multi-display adapter on my Lenovo X1 Yoga running Win 10 Pro successfully for an extended amount of time (years) to power an external display and it stopped working properly several weeks ago. Now, the display flashes persistently when i plug it in. I've worked through all the troubleshooting steps (verified driver versions, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc.) and still unable to resolve. I'm attaching the Windows Logs to this thread.

AlbanRampon 09-18-2018 12:48 PM

Hello and thank you for taking the time to report this, with the logs.

Would you have the opportunity to update your Intel graphics driver to 24.20.100.6286 and let me know the result?
I've scheduled investigation into the root cause.

Kind regards,
Alban

Ref: 28698 - Black or flashing screens with select Intel driver

YogaUser1 09-19-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcieslak (Post 86662)
I've been using the Plugable USB 3.0 Multi-display adapter on my Lenovo X1 Yoga running Win 10 Pro successfully for an extended amount of time (years) to power an external display and it stopped working properly several weeks ago. Now, the display flashes persistently when i plug it in. I've worked through all the troubleshooting steps (verified driver versions, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc.) and still unable to resolve. I'm attaching the Windows Logs to this thread.

I am experiencing the exact same issue on my X1 Yoga 3rd generation. The ThinkPad display starts flashing while the external monitor doesn’t show any signal. Already tried updating my DisplayLink driver to the latest stable version and reinstalled my graphics driver.

AlbanRampon 09-20-2018 08:54 AM

Hello,

I've been flagged a Lenovo forum thread stating an issue with a particular Intel driver installer after an OS was upgraded.

Would you mind trying the new driver as it seems to address the issue for people not even using our technology?
We are still looking into it, but if that solves your issue it means you don't have to wait to solve your problem.

Kind regards,
Alban

YogaUser1 11-02-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 86689)
Hello and thank you for taking the time to report this, with the logs.

Would you have the opportunity to update your Intel graphics driver to 24.20.100.6286 and let me know the result?
I've scheduled investigation into the root cause.

Kind regards,
Alban

Ref: 28698 - Black or flashing screens with select Intel driver

Updating to graphics driver version 24.20.100.6286 resolved the issue for me. However the issue recently started requiring repeatedly probably due to the driver being replaced by WIndows update and/or Lenovo Vantage. As this is a serious issue for individual users/organizations that don't operate a WSUS server the problem should definitely be reported to Lenovo.