DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Windows 10 1607 black screen after update (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64710)

Pavel 08-18-2016 09:03 AM

Windows 10 1607 black screen after update

Hello!
After upgrade Windows 10 to version 1607 monitor connected to the Lenovo USB 2.0 Replicator shows a black screen. It really works and shows black screen! Resolution can be changed and no errors in Windows hardware drivers. When I set Windows to work with only main monitor - monitor on replicator going off. When I set windows to work with two monitor configuration it going on and shows black screen.
In the previous version Windows 10 everything worked fine. Installation of the latest drivers from the DisplayLink website (8 M1) did not help.
How can I fix it?

r0bbienz 08-18-2016 10:59 PM

Im running a HP 3005pr and have the same issue after installing 1607 - WIM has my logs - I have tried the development build as well and still have the same problem.

I got told

Hi

Thanks for the logs. It looks like we are losing communication with the dock and the driver is getting no response when it sends commands and updates to the dock. This is usually a hardware problem and it would be best to contact the product manufacturer about this issue.

Best regards,

Wim

Pavel 08-19-2016 07:36 AM

If this was a problem in hardware, I would have faced this problem using a previous version of Windows 10. But in previous version all worked perfect! Moreover, when connecting the Lenovo USB 2.0 replicator to another computer with a previous version of Windows 10 still works fine. So this is a complex problem of a new version of Windows 10 and DisplayLink drivers.

RVDL 08-19-2016 11:52 AM

Are you extending or duplicating?

I've found that duplicating is broken since Win10 AE. Extending still works.

Pavel 08-22-2016 04:02 AM

Neither extending nor duplicating. Just black screen.

framone 08-22-2016 11:10 AM

same here Dell latitude update Aug 22nd

same happened to me today, after W10 update the Displaylink worsk for USB and LAN but no chance to detect a second monitor

AlbanRampon 08-23-2016 04:44 PM

Hello Pavel,
Would you please provide log files so we can investigate?
Switched on but black screen generally means our driver doesn't get any pixel, but that is not enough to help solving the problem.
Kind regards,
Alban

APT 08-24-2016 06:57 PM

I am having the same issue. After the AU for Windows the display adapter only shows a black screen when you first plug the USB cable into my laptop.

However, I did find a workaround for this. Once I plug the USB cable in and my second monitor goes black, I then press the Windows+P combo, wait 2 seconds, and then press Windows+P again. By doing that twice, it puts me in the "duplicate" monitor mode. My second monitor starts working then. Once my second monitor is working, I can then select the "Second Screen Only" option and it will work as normal. If I unplug the USB adapter and plug it back in, I have to follow the above instructions again.

It appears there is something wrong with the driver or communication in Windows where the "Second Screen Only" option doesn't work unless you switch it to one of the other options first.

AlbanRampon 08-24-2016 08:10 PM

I'm afraid I will still have the same request: logs please...

Pavel 08-25-2016 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 80940)
Hello Pavel,
Would you please provide log files so we can investigate?
Switched on but black screen generally means our driver doesn't get any pixel, but that is not enough to help solving the problem.
Kind regards,
Alban

Here is my log, created by DisplayLink Windows Support Tool.