DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   AOC e1659Fwu issue with Chrome (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64153)

Charlie 10-14-2015 08:18 AM

AOC e1659Fwu issue with Chrome

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Ive been using this screen fine for the last year with my Mac Mini (Late 2012) with no issues until yesterday when Chrome started glitching out when browsing. I tried updating to the latest driver but the issue persists, I also have the latest version of Chrome. Firefox seems to work fine but there is also slight glitching on Safari on the browser bar at the top. I've attached a screenshot, any ideas what might be causing it?

Adam Kaleta 10-14-2015 10:54 AM

Hello Charlie
Could you try to disable hardware acceleration for the Chrome and check if it helps?

1. Go to 'chrome://settings/' in your browser address bar
2. Expand advanced settings by clicking on 'Show advanced settings...'
3. Scroll down and look for a System, check if the checkbox 'Use hardware acceleration when possible' is checked out - assumed it is
4. Uncheck it and restart the browser

Hope this will help.

gmyers 10-14-2015 02:53 PM

Disable hardware acceleration works!

OSX 10.10.5
Display Link 2.5 Beta 2 drivers
Chrome Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)

Between 10/13 and 10/14 I began experiencing the issue as posted above. Chrome and related apps display fine through on-board MacBook display, but render "all scrambled" on either display connected through DisplayLink. Other applications are not affected.

I disable hardware acceleration in Chrome as advised, quit and restarted Chrome, issue was resolved.

Carlo 10-14-2015 04:12 PM

Yes the issue has been introduced in version 46 of Chrome. 45 is working fine.
We have raised this issue with Google: the workaround described by Adam seems to be working but is not ideal as it disables any available acceleration on all screens.

You may want to raise the issue as well within Chrome (Preferences->About->Report an issue)

Best regards,
Carlo

shad0wca7 10-19-2015 10:03 AM

Great, thanks for this - I had the same issue just using the Dell D3100 but this is a good temporary fix

dcoulson 10-21-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie (Post 78796)
Hi,

Ive been using this screen fine for the last year with my Mac Mini (Late 2012) with no issues until yesterday when Chrome started glitching out when browsing. I tried updating to the latest driver but the issue persists, I also have the latest version of Chrome. Firefox seems to work fine but there is also slight glitching on Safari on the browser bar at the top. I've attached a screenshot, any ideas what might be causing it?

This issue is resolved in the latest Chrome beta - Or wait for the release channel version with the fix.