DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   [Solved] New MacOS Catalina breaks DisplayLink (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66641)

pacmanbneNL 06-04-2019 07:58 AM

[Solved] New MacOS Catalina breaks DisplayLink

I have installed the New Catalina MacOS however it appears to break the current release of DisplayLink

This is more of an FYI for others rather than a cry for help I can live without it until DisplayLink provide an update

Update:
When I say broken I mean I can see the mouse pointer but both external monitors are plank only my laptop screen is visible. Both network and mouse and keyboard all work without issue.

Update2:

I think I have fixed my problem under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording put a tick in the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app

This seem to solve my problem

Shinji14 06-04-2019 04:27 PM

I don't have the DisplayLinkUserAgent in the ScreenRecording tab.

Shinji14 06-04-2019 05:54 PM

In terminal :
Code:

cd /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent.app/Contents/MacOS
./DisplayLinkUserAgent

This will popup a message that Terminal wants to screenrecord.

Driver tested : 5.1.1

masto182 06-05-2019 10:36 AM

I tried the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. I also onl . installed the display link driver after I upgraded. We moved offices yesterday and we are using display link docks. Anything that might make it work?

Skywalker 06-06-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL (Post 88045)
I have installed the New Catalina MacOS however it appears to break the current release of DisplayLink

Update2:

I think I have fixed my problem under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording put a tick in the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app

Thnx! This fixed it for me!

SterlingBourne 06-07-2019 02:23 PM

For me broken means the monitors don't recognize the MacBook Pro at all; they just go to sleep. I don't have a Screen Recorder option in Settings to enable.

So right now I'm just looking at 2 dead monitors next to my Laptop until a new driver is released that supports Catalina.

pacmanbneNL 06-08-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingBourne (Post 88079)
For me broken means the monitors don't recognize the MacBook Pro at all; they just go to sleep. I don't have a Screen Recorder option in Settings to enable.

So right now I'm just looking at 2 dead monitors next to my Laptop until a new driver is released that supports Catalina.

I would suggest you look under every option in the Privacy tab under "Security & Privacy" in System Preferences look for DisplayLinkUserAgent.app it appears in two places for me Screen Recording and Accessibility

Also if this was the first time you installed the driver you will need to click allow under the General Tab Its been a while since I read the install notes on the readme but I think that requirement is detailed there

SterlingBourne 06-10-2019 02:38 PM

Fixed it.

My issue is I wasn't running v5.1.1. Once I installed the latest version, and enabled Screen Recording, both of my external monitors worked.

iamjono 06-24-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL (Post 88045)

Dude that saved me hours of investigation. Worked perfectly (after reboot)

Thanks!!!

Shaneb 06-28-2019 07:06 PM

In addition to the security settings solution, I had to change my refresh rate.

I don't know if this is monitor specific, but with Mojave I had my two external monitors set to 60 Hertz and all was good but with the Catalina install, the refresh on the external monitor was lagging severely. Changing the refresh rate to 59.88 Hertz (NTSC) fixed this for me.