DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Blank Monitor: MacOS 10.14 Mojave w/ Driver 5.0 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66291)

bcg123 09-25-2018 02:09 PM

Blank Monitor: MacOS 10.14 Mojave w/ Driver 5.0

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a monitor to work with the new Driver on MacOS 10.14. I have updated my displaylink driver to the latest version that is supposed to be compatible with MacOS 10.14, however my monitor screen just goes black when i plug in the usb 3.0 to HDMI adapter.

I had the same issue with MacOS 10.13.6 and was hopeful that the new OS update would fix the display issue but I am running into the same issues.

I am currently using a 2017 Macbook Air 13-inch. I am using a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter, and am running displaylink v5.0.

I need help figuring out if there is any way to configure this setup to get the second monitor to work? Or if it is broken for everyone using the new MacOS update.

-Thanks

brossow 09-25-2018 02:38 PM

Same here, as you know. Just providing the link to my thread for cross-reference.

https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66289

TheSnails 09-25-2018 02:47 PM

I needed to reinstall the driver twice, before things work fine.

You may want to do the following:
1. Uninstall displaylink driver completely; no other past versions are installed. Use the uninstaller of the latest driver.
2. Restart.
3. After restart, osx should not detect your monitor. Open system preferences, go to security and privacy, unlock the lock icon at the bottom left. Leave this window open.
4. Make sure that the allow apps downloaded in the security and privacy window does not show anything preventing displaylink. If there is any, then allow it.
5. Install the displaylink driver.
6. Leave your monitor plugged in.
7. Restart.

brossow 09-25-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSnails (Post 86762)
I needed to reinstall the driver twice, before things work fine.

You may want to do the following:
1. Uninstall displaylink driver completely; no other past versions are installed. Use the uninstaller of the latest driver.
2. Restart.
3. After restart, osx should not detect your monitor. Open system preferences, go to security and privacy, unlock the lock icon at the bottom left. Leave this window open.
4. Make sure that the allow apps downloaded in the security and privacy window does not show anything preventing displaylink. If there is any, then allow it.
5. Install the displaylink driver.
6. Leave your monitor plugged in.
7. Restart.

FWIW, I've done this repeatedly with zero success. Tried literally every combination of install/uninstall with monitor plugged/unplugged, USB dock itself plugged/unplugged, etc. :mad:

ccd 09-25-2018 04:58 PM

Same Issue

Same issue. I have installed/uninstalled v5 multiple times. Tried with the monitor plugged in, tried with it unplugged. Did SMC reset. VRAM reset. Full Mojave re-install. Still my LG Ultrafine 5k is completely dark and only providing power to my MBP.

jaywhy 09-26-2018 03:51 PM

Same issues across all systems

We have the same issues with all our Macs currently.

Dual monitor recognized, but external monitors continue to be black with a cursor.

Has anyone been able to get any images active on their displays?

b76302 09-26-2018 04:08 PM

Just upgraded my 2018 15" Macbook Pro to Mojave. I installed the 5.0 DisplayLink driver. I have three displays, two external via a Thinkpad Universal dock. Both external displays power on and remain on, but display black. I can see the cursor. I also have a 2016 13" Macbook Pro that works fine with the same dock after upgrading to Mojave.

The DisplayLink 5.0 official release notes say this in the General limitations section:
DisplayLink screens are black with only mouse cursor visible on MacBook Pro 2018 with initial macOS 10.14.0. (28503)

Bob H. 09-26-2018 06:25 PM

Mojave

I have a Macbook Pro 2018 (updated to Mojave) and an ASUS USB external monitor. I am have the same issues with the black screen but I can see the cursor moving on the external monitor.

I have attempted all the suggestion and nothing as worked.

pairof9s 10-02-2018 09:06 PM

Half good, half bad

I had no ability to display 3 external monitors on my MacBook Pro (2015) after 10.13.4, even with beta 5. Like many, this had not been an issue prior to that Apple update from 10.13.3. Once I updated to Mojave 10.14, I was successful in getting all 3 to work on my StarTech USB3DockH2DP.

But subsequent days, I've discovered 2 different issues:
  • Constantly dropped Ethernet connections (unable to reestablish dynamic IP even with lease renewal); only solution is to log out/in.
  • Creative Cloud apps, specifically Illustrator and InDesign (2018), do not launch or open files w/ DisplayLink installed.

So while the external displays resolution is great and welcomed after numerous months, these 2 issues are showstoppers. I'm once again unable to use my StarTech unit.

Tymen 10-03-2018 08:24 AM

I think I'm special, because my macbook display stopt working as well. Only in save mode I get my normal screen. In normal mode also my MacBooks own display is black with only the mouse cursor.

I reinstalled the software but the problem doesn't disappear.

Anyone has a solution to get rit of all the changes Displaylink made manually?