DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   High CPU Utilization on 2.5 Beta 2 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64163)

cwickstylz 10-20-2015 02:28 PM

High CPU Utilization on 2.5 Beta 2

Hello,

I am currently running El Capitan & began running into issues with Chrome & the pages displaying correctly, which I did find an answer to here(turning off hardware utilization), but also updated to the latest release(2.5 beta 2) & now have extremely high CPU utilization.

Is anyone else seeing this type of issue? I am typically seeing anywhere from 60 -80% utilization from DisplayLinkManager now. I am curious if I should just roll back to a stable release or if anyone else has any ideas around this type of issue...

Thanks!

cwickstylz 10-20-2015 04:11 PM

Guess I'll answer my own post here for anyone else experiencing this issue...

Finally after getting tired of my fan spinning up non-stop, CPU utilization hitting over 100%(not sure how that's possible, but got as high as 107%) & MacBook beginning to get fairly hot, I decided to roll back to 2.4, even though it states it's not meant for El Capitan, I can confirm it's working.

Just an FYI, but if you're having issues with 2.5 beta 2 like I did, uninstall & install 2.4, it works.

Jim Randell 10-23-2015 04:10 PM

Same Here

...CPU Load hovering around 100%, its been driving me crazy!

I have been going thru the forums today looking for some answers, and finding a lot of people with the same issues I'm having.

I was just looking around to see if anyone was running 2.4, on el capitan, and it seems like you are, so I will uninstall 2.5 b2, and try the older version.

...fingers crossed, hope it does not get worse!

cwickstylz 10-23-2015 04:19 PM

Yeah, uninstall 2.5 beta 2, reboot, install 2.4 & you should be solid. It was driving me nuts too. Fan spinning up & MacBook quite literally HOT to the touch.

And I don't think it could get any worse...100%+ utilization(again, no clue how that's actually possible?) isn't good at all.

Best of luck!

ThreeHeadedMonster 10-28-2015 08:22 PM

Yes you can fry an egg on a Mac Mini running 10.11.1 w/ DisplayLink 2.5 2 beta.

Back to 2.4 and things are cool again.

saudor 10-31-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwickstylz (Post 78904)
Yeah, uninstall 2.5 beta 2, reboot, install 2.4 & you should be solid. It was driving me nuts too. Fan spinning up & MacBook quite literally HOT to the touch.

And I don't think it could get any worse...100%+ utilization(again, no clue how that's actually possible?) isn't good at all.

Best of luck!

multi core processing. 4 cores = 400% utilization for example.
Anyhow whenever cpu goes up, i find taking a window that's on the DL display and shaking it around solves it.